PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jmsnyc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Guide]Perfect application of screen protectors with pics.

i basically destroyed the included screen protector... where should i go for a replacement? boxwave? invisibleshield?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

milkycoins is just getting started

I was just shaking from nervousness when I was putting on the InvisibleShield back protector on my Sprint TP2. 10 minutes after though it already looks perfect.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:56 AM
N00b

jmsnyc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkycoins View Post
I was just shaking from nervousness when I was putting on the InvisibleShield back protector on my Sprint TP2. 10 minutes after though it already looks perfect.
did u do everything in the first post>?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
i basically destroyed the included screen protector... where should i go for a replacement? boxwave? invisibleshield?
How did this happen?

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 PM
N00b

jmsnyc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
How did this happen?

First I put it on haphazardly... without reading - full of prints on inside was gonna try and wash it but then it got a crease in it....

I know... next time I will be more careful. I will say that a protector or case is def needed... I find these screens get scuffed easily
Old 11-09-2009, 03:41 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

after 3 attempts, i finally found screen protectors that are perfect for me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200389254063

they're a hair smaller so that they have a little room for play... they aren't cut to the screen down to the micron! perfect application first time
Old 11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2

yazyazoo is just getting started

I messed up applying the original screen protector. Is there a way to reuse it. I got some dust under it. I didn't use any water when I originally applied it.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:08 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Fingerprints???

i didnt use this method but i didnt want to start a new thread. hope you dont mind and i hope sum1 can help me out as soon as possible.

i have sprint + stock screen protector.
wen i put it on, 1st time (awhile back sept.9), it was slightly over the edge, bottom right. so it would catch on, whatever case or sleeve, and that bottom right by the button is bend up. thats not a problem 4 me but just now, this very minute my sweater caught that edge and took off the protector completely w/out me knowing at 1st. when i realized it, i had fingerprints all over the inside (phone side) of the protector.

how can i remove/clean the fingerprints off the "sticky" side of the protector??? i need to reapply!!! i have no spare and at the time no $$. but i dont want to use my phone until i have it protected agian as my hands/fingers are rough, i work contruction, so if i touch the screen i will end up leaiving scratchs on the screen. its scratch free now and i want it to stay that way. pls help

THANKS 4 QUICK REPLY PLEASE
Old 12-02-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Ok so in using the soap solution to apply the screen protector, i must have improperly mixed it or something because it dried with just a bit of film under the protector. It looked ok at first with the normal bubbles that stay underneith that bleed out over a few days, but this time it left little white rings where the bubbles were. Now today when I was going to apply my new Clearprotector (which i decided against since it fit soo badly compaired to stock) i noticed with no protector on that the white circles were kinda stained on the screen. Dry you cannot see them but with a bit of moisture (breath on the screen) or in different light angles, you can really see them. Im not sure how to get them off short of some true cleaning with possibly water, the same soap, or alcohol. I know not to use any tough chemicals with these screens so does anyone else have experiance here with a similar soap problem?

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

grinn is a n00b

Used this method with a protector that I got from dealextreme. Worked like a charm! Only problem is that the protector isn't exactly the right size for the screen, a little short at the top so I have a bit of an overlay over the ear hole. I can accept that, however, considering I paid less than $4 US for 3 of them.
Thanks for the tutorial, would've never thought to go through this much work to apply one, but it makes a huge difference in the final appearance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2