PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 05:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Decisions....

why do u have a 200 ETF??? did u just sign up or something??? carriers lost the battle with ETF's... its prorated now, u get get it as low as 50bucks now if you within a few months of your end date... u may wanna check what your fee would be by callin and asking... if your like atleast a yr into your contract, then its probably more like 100 dollar ETF, that kinda changes things for ya now if thats the case
Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
For me it was just the opposite...I came from Verizon to Sprint with the TP1 (been with Verizon for over 10 years). Here was/is my perspective...IMHO, Verizon will find some way to squeeze out a few more dollars in whatever plan you have, or cripple your device in some manner...
Years ago I was with Verizon and that was my exact experience too. I had extra charges every month no matter what I did. They finally made me so made I paid the ETF on two lines. Verizon would be the last service I'd use now, no matter what the coverage. And in my area the big four all have decent coverage.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

I was curious which Sprint plan you were looking at that costs $80 a month? Their 450 minute plan is $69.99 a month.

By the way, I was comparing prices between Sprint & Verizon and found that one of the latest posts on this thread was extremely helpful as I can get 500 minutes and unlimited data & test for $59.99 a month on Sprint.
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=56

Check it out as it is a great deal and many posters have taken advantage of it when they switched from other carriers to Sprint.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why do u have a 200 ETF??? did u just sign up or something??? carriers lost the battle with ETF's... its prorated now, u get get it as low as 50bucks now if you within a few months of your end date... u may wanna check what your fee would be by callin and asking... if your like atleast a yr into your contract, then its probably more like 100 dollar ETF, that kinda changes things for ya now if thats the case
I have 6 months left on my contract. The prorated thing started a few months after I signed that contract so I am SOL. I already spoke to a rep about this. It would be nice if there were a way around the fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
I was curious which Sprint plan you were looking at that costs $80 a month? Their 450 minute plan is $69.99 a month.

By the way, I was comparing prices between Sprint & Verizon and found that one of the latest posts on this thread was extremely helpful as I can get 500 minutes and unlimited data & test for $59.99 a month on Sprint.
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=56

Check it out as it is a great deal and many posters have taken advantage of it when they switched from other carriers to Sprint.
I said 80 because I was adding in taxes. You're right, the plan is $69.99/month. I'll look into that plan, thanks.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
Okay, here's the deal. Through Verizon, the TP2 is 200 dollars. Through Sprint, its 350. If I leave Sprint early the ETF is 200 dollars. This will end up costing me 50 dollars more up front if I switch to Verizon. Sprint's plan is ~80 a month. Verizon's plan is ~100. Verizon gets WAY better coverage in Upstate NY. If I switch to Verizon, I pay less for the phone, but have that 200 dollar cancellation fee which will end up costing my 50 dollars more than buying the phone and staying with Sprint. Also, if I stay with Sprint, I will be saving 20 dollars a month. But, sacrificing a bit of coverage. What do I do?
I would have to tell you stay with sprint, since the touch pro 2 is a global phone, it will use either att or verizons network when your out of coverage, and the best part of all sprint has FREE Roaming.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Cool Re: Decisions....

LoL hi from Roclife... it's nice when others use their same alias elsewhere too.
So from someone who's lived in Rochester too as long as he's had a cellphone, like you said, sprint sucks. I've had since before they existed since they bought my previous carrier, Bell Atlantic Mobile. I've never really wanted to switch. Verizon's service and coverage has always been the best around here, hands down.

But it's not just the coverage, but the CLARITY as well. Take an identical phone on both platforms (I did this just last December with the Sprint Mogul vs the Verizon xv6800) and the Verizon phone will sound far better and less compressed.

Also the SPEED of the Rev. A EVDO service is superior on Verizon around here too. That may be just due to the fact that the signal strength is higher, but either way, I use my mobile internet a lot and that's big to me.

As you mentioned, Verizon to Verizon calling is huge, almost everyone I know has a Verizon phone, almost no one my/our age has a home phone anymore, so that means that I use very few of my minutes on a regular basis because the majority of the calls I make are to verizon phones. Furthermore, you get IN texting with a good text plan, so that all your texts are free too, and picture messages, and video messages, as long as it's to a Verizon subscriber.

The Sprint version of this phone is ugly... just throwing that out there too lol.

I just bought a Touch Pro2 to replace my xv6800 and it will be here Tuesday if not Monday. I've been waiting for a device like this since before my xv6800. Can't wait.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the input, you made some really good points. I use this name for everything, never switch it up.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

http://www.wmexperts.com/comparing-htc-touch-pro-2s

This is a good article that points out the variety of options between providers. Keep in mind VZN locks a lot of their stuff, nickel-and-dimes you on a lot, and has poor customer service.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks! That article mentions that "it's fairly easy to sweet talk a rep into getting you a lower price."

Really? I've never heard of this.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
LoL hi from Roclife... it's nice when others use their same alias elsewhere too.
So from someone who's lived in Rochester too as long as he's had a cellphone, like you said, sprint sucks. I've had since before they existed since they bought my previous carrier, Bell Atlantic Mobile. I've never really wanted to switch. Verizon's service and coverage has always been the best around here, hands down.

But it's not just the coverage, but the CLARITY as well. Take an identical phone on both platforms (I did this just last December with the Sprint Mogul vs the Verizon xv6800) and the Verizon phone will sound far better and less compressed.

Also the SPEED of the Rev. A EVDO service is superior on Verizon around here too. That may be just due to the fact that the signal strength is higher, but either way, I use my mobile internet a lot and that's big to me.

As you mentioned, Verizon to Verizon calling is huge, almost everyone I know has a Verizon phone, almost no one my/our age has a home phone anymore, so that means that I use very few of my minutes on a regular basis because the majority of the calls I make are to verizon phones. Furthermore, you get IN texting with a good text plan, so that all your texts are free too, and picture messages, and video messages, as long as it's to a Verizon subscriber.

The Sprint version of this phone is ugly... just throwing that out there too lol.

I just bought a Touch Pro2 to replace my xv6800 and it will be here Tuesday if not Monday. I've been waiting for a device like this since before my xv6800. Can't wait.
Pretty much everything you state is is strictly user preference, location, or personal experience. Just wanted to make that distinction. I can say pretty much exactly what you have said, except from the Sprint side. Most everyone I know has Sprint (but of course that doesn't matter anymore since I can call any cell phone without using minutes now), the Sprint signal in my area is best of all carriers, and I've used them all. And I like the Sprint look as much as I do Verizons. My point is that typically we either express opinion or give points based upon where we are physically located. What holds true for one will not necessarily hold true for another. Well, except the fact that Verizon will try and nickel and dime you as much as they can. That hold true across the board. I've experienced that one too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2