PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Decisions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilevader View Post
If I did not have free txt msg, I would not have replied. Sorry.
You're kidding me, right? You're giving Verizon a pass on doing a bait-and-switch with a customer? If my carrier tells me free response, what difference does it make whether I have messaging on my plan or not? I took them for my word in the hopes that any sweepstakes gives, in winning the big one. To charge me after the first one is ludicrous. I wouldn't have given that pass to any carrier or any company. That's not the way to do business. To each his own though I guess. I suppose being able to overlook things like that is what has allowed Verizon to get away with it in the first place.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Re: Decisions....

hello all. i'm somewhat in the same boat with regards to deciding between leaving sprint and going to verizon.

currently i have TP1 which is giving me all types of issues. this is my 4th TP1 and was finally able to get a sprint repair store to order a replacement, unfortunately it will be another TP1. the phone should arrive this coming thursday. dealing with sprint for the last 2 weeks has been a total headache. i have been with them since 2000 and have had a on-again-off-again relationship with them. basically im at the boiling point due to my latest experience. my phone would not show that a call was being made to me, text msgs came hours late, as did voice messages. the phone now has a charging problem too with a damaged port. sprint gave a lot of hassle, wont budge to send another phone until tonight...found a good repair spot who gave no hassles.

i went to verizon who is offering somewhat of a sweet deal, i think. the TP2 would run me $149.99 after a $100 rebate ($249.99 out of pocket). i would get 19% govt discount off my monthly bill, which im looking at the 1350/month one for $109.99). so basically around $106/month, if i want the navigation then add $10/month (not including taxes and fees, but does include the $7.99 ins., i think).

sprint is saying that i can get the TP2 for $249.99, this is after a $100 rebate and $100 acct credit after purchase ($449.99 out of pocket). i would likely stay on my current plan, everything data/every mobile & 900 mins/month ($89.99/month). i get a 15% govt discount with sprint. so with everything i tallied it up to about $98/month (this includes ins., taxes & fees).

so the monthly price here is a difference of about $10/month in actuality for what i would be going for.

im planning to sell the TP1 and hopefully get at least $175 to $200 for it.

also, i have a year left on the sprint contract so i'd likely be hit with a $200 ETF.

most of the people i know have sprint, just about all of them complain. but i have been talking and meeting a lot of verizon people here as well. none of the verizon people have complained so far and all love their service and acknowledge they are paying a lil bit more per month (about 10 people).

my sprint reception is iffy. with the current TP1, very poor. previous TP1's have been ok to good. im in southeast michigan (detroit/redford area) and i think verizon has better coverage.

question, are there any major/minor differences in the TP2 versions from verizon and sprint (other than cosmetic)? i remember someone posting that verizon likes to lock out some functions. are there any known lock outs/changes/internal operating differences that either carrier has done to the TP2 that the other hasn't?

thanks for reading and sorry for the length....any suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2