PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminarY View Post
Hi all
I sent this separately but I think may be it fit here better. It has some relation to stuck pixles but after a shot is taken..

I faced a very strange problem. Let go of the dead pixels, I am talking about the camera previewing the image very clear and OK. After the shot has taken place the photo is decorated with bright spots (red, blue..etc) sometimes 2, sometimes 5 it depends -I dont know on what. They are not present in the real view ofcourse. This is not dead pixels as they move and grow as I zoom in to the photo..Any similar encounters???? Or Advice. By the way, this is my second exchange from amazon. I asked them to send me a third unit.

my best regards

Classical CMOS defective unit. Sent it back quickly, CMOS is faulty.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I ask for one request from all the members here. As much as you disagree with my way of dealing with some phones, please be honest with your votes. We need accurate data and it would benefit US all at the end. Thank you.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:28 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Exil3d... You have alerted everyone to a potential issue with pixels on this screen. It isn't necessarily a serious issue. Just a potential one. Now is the time to let this issue go and let those with a TP2 decide for themselves how they want to handle it.

As far as accurate votes in your threads? That may never happen for you for the pure "fact" that you seem to just hate on the TP2 and youcome off as trying to make others hate it with you.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Now... To those personally bashing Exil3d... It needs to stop as it is against the site rules. Don't agree with him? Fine. But member bashing is a site violation... So if you don't have something nice to say anything... It is the safest way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Ninjamom, dont close the thread. There are still alot of ppl buying the phone and we need to gather more data. I stopped taking the baits and ignore so you wont find a fight in here.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Now... To those personally bashing Exil3d... It needs to stop as it is against the site rules. Don't agree with him? Fine. But member bashing is a site violation... So if you don't have something nice to say anything... It is the safest way.
thank you for stepping in and scrubbing the junk.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
Return it and ask for compensation. Simple. Verizon is pretty good about cycling the phones out so you dont have to be without. If it doesnt bother you it still wont hurt to call and ask for a discount since your new phone isnt perfect. They are always willing to knock $20 bux off your bill for customer retention.
They're sending me a third one, it's coming Saturday delivering so by this time tomorrow I should be back in the game.

Well, I got a free second battery due to the fact that I was originally just gonna replace the battery but then the earpiece went so the guy I spoke with said just keep the battery when it comes in. Then this evening I asked the woman who ordered the third TP2 for me if I could just keep one of the chargers and she said I had to send it back, but she'd send me out a seperate one. So, I guess I made out alright, but this is one big pain in the ***.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Hmmm..... are you sure it pop up out of nowhere?
I'm fairly certain, yes. When I first got it, I inspected the screen very carefully and found nothing wrong with it. This morning I was in text messaging, which is a mostly white screen & I spotted it. It doesn't jump out at me though in normal use.

Quote:
One more thing, what do you all think about the back light? Some people have complained that its lite unevenly. Is this true?
I definitely don't see that problem. I'm very OCD about these things, so I would notice.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
You can change my vote to a "No". I created 5 pictures of solid colors (black, white, blue, green, red) that I could view full screen with HTC Album to see if there really were any dead/stuck pixels. The reason I did this was due to the post above talking about bad pixels from the camera showing up that could make one think they have bad pixels on the screen. After looking at all of the images, I cannot find any bad pixels on my screen, so I'm guessing that the spots I saw on the screen were due to the camera in the phone, not the screen itself. If anyone else would like to try the same thing, maybe we can find out if it's an issue with the screen, the camera, or both. I've attached a zip file with the 5 images at 480x800 resolution so they fill the screen when opened if anyone else wants to try as well.
Exil3d... after reading this and the huge post before it, i think the issue could be a little misunderstood. This thread should be closed. We need a new thread/poll, created by a mod would be best, to show people how to test and so we can gather some real information (a link to this thread would be nice just so people can read up on the discovery). The camera thing may be showing an issue with a camera under dark conditions, not with the display as we are currently thinking.

In my opinion... people should be doing separate tests for the camera and the screen itself. Maybe provide black and white images in the original post, so people can check the display (just like the user i quoted did)... also, if the issue is just for the camera with some people, they should actually take a pic and see if there are stuck pixels in the results.

Just honest and simple suggestions. At this point, although i believe there are phones out there with stuck pixels, i think this thread has confused a lot of people, including myself.

Exil3d, if you truly want the best/honest results about the tp2 pixel problem, i think you'd agree to this. Although i don't have problems with my display, i still want to see how many are affected because i will be purchasing at least 1 more. A more detailed poll would be nice too... like the different levels of the issue. The current poll does nothing for us. It doesn't alert people if they'd notice anything during regular use or not. A stuck pixel that shows up with regular use would surely be considered more of an issue than a pixel that only shows up when using the camera under blacked out conditions...

Examples of choices for an informative poll:
- stuck pixels are visible during regular use
- stuck pixels are only visible on very white/black screens
- stuck pixel are only visible using camera test
- stuck pixels show up on both camera and screen tests
- no stuck pixels here

Anyone else think we should redo this, in an effort to get to the bottom of the issues???
Old 09-18-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
They're sending me a third one, it's coming Saturday delivering so by this time tomorrow I should be back in the game.

Well, I got a free second battery due to the fact that I was originally just gonna replace the battery but then the earpiece went so the guy I spoke with said just keep the battery when it comes in. Then this evening I asked the woman who ordered the third TP2 for me if I could just keep one of the chargers and she said I had to send it back, but she'd send me out a seperate one. So, I guess I made out alright, but this is one big pain in the ***.
Good. I hope this one is as good as got the ones ive seen from vzw so far and im glad you got some compensation. Keep em on their toes!

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Closed Thread