View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
orlandojumpoff
Halfway to VIP Status

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
You can change my vote to a "No". I created 5 pictures of solid colors (black, white, blue, green, red) that I could view full screen with HTC Album to see if there really were any dead/stuck pixels. The reason I did this was due to the post above talking about bad pixels from the camera showing up that could make one think they have bad pixels on the screen. After looking at all of the images, I cannot find any bad pixels on my screen, so I'm guessing that the spots I saw on the screen were due to the camera in the phone, not the screen itself. If anyone else would like to try the same thing, maybe we can find out if it's an issue with the screen, the camera, or both. I've attached a zip file with the 5 images at 480x800 resolution so they fill the screen when opened if anyone else wants to try as well.
Exil3d... after reading this and the huge post before it, i think the issue could be a little misunderstood. This thread should be closed. We need a new thread/poll, created by a mod would be best, to show people how to test and so we can gather some real information (a link to this thread would be nice just so people can read up on the discovery). The camera thing may be showing an issue with a camera under dark conditions, not with the display as we are currently thinking.

In my opinion... people should be doing separate tests for the camera and the screen itself. Maybe provide black and white images in the original post, so people can check the display (just like the user i quoted did)... also, if the issue is just for the camera with some people, they should actually take a pic and see if there are stuck pixels in the results.

Just honest and simple suggestions. At this point, although i believe there are phones out there with stuck pixels, i think this thread has confused a lot of people, including myself.

Exil3d, if you truly want the best/honest results about the tp2 pixel problem, i think you'd agree to this. Although i don't have problems with my display, i still want to see how many are affected because i will be purchasing at least 1 more. A more detailed poll would be nice too... like the different levels of the issue. The current poll does nothing for us. It doesn't alert people if they'd notice anything during regular use or not. A stuck pixel that shows up with regular use would surely be considered more of an issue than a pixel that only shows up when using the camera under blacked out conditions...

Examples of choices for an informative poll:
- stuck pixels are visible during regular use
- stuck pixels are only visible on very white/black screens
- stuck pixel are only visible using camera test
- stuck pixels show up on both camera and screen tests
- no stuck pixels here

Anyone else think we should redo this, in an effort to get to the bottom of the issues???