PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
You mean like this (dead/stuck pixel issues on tp1):
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42661
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43320
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51205
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43381

line in the screen for tp and diamond:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44208

rainbow colors on screen:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405

also, many people were getting TPs with yellow screens, which sounds even harder to return.

I am not concerned with the tp2 screen.
OWAH! Very imformative. Looks like you are correct. There were som with stuck pixels. But look at the stats, they are VERY far in between. Thank for providing that thou.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Wow! This is not looking good!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

phillyphill39 is a n00b

i have about 30 stuck pixels that i just noticed there is like 4-5 in 1 corner of the screen lol. im going to take a pic
Old 09-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

I have about 3 stuck pixels that you can see very easy. They are all at the top and close to the side of the screen. But, if you look closer, say a dark image at night in a dim lit room, I have probably 15 to 20 stuck pixels. I don't understand why the 3 look bigger than the rest. So, I called Sprint and asked my options. THe girl polietly told me she would send out another. No questions asked. Well, it arrived today. Fire it up, and right in the middle of the screen just above the icons in TFLO, a big ole stuck pixel. Very annoying. But, it's the only big one and there is maybe 3 or 4 small stuck ones.

So, the big stuck pixel on the new TP2 I recieved made me fortunate for what I got now in my original. That plus on the new one the keyboard is very loose. So I'm sending the 2nd one back and gonna tell them to note it on my account about the pixels issue I have now. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

And just to let everyone know, I'm not a perfectionist by any means. And I don't stand in a dark room for hours waiting for a pixel to pop out at me. But, when I pay close to $400 for a phone, I expect to have NO dead pixels. I can live with a few, but not 15 to 20!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Wonder whats the best way to take a pic of this? Might have to use a tripod
Old 09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Great...this doesn't sound good. I'm receiving mine tomorrow, and I will be returning it if there are stuck/dead pixels for sure. I never had any pixel problems with my Mogul, my first Touch had a black spot on the LCD after almost a year of ownership (which I traded in for a new one), and neither of my two Touch Pros had any pixel issues. ever.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
I have about 3 stuck pixels that you can see very easy. They are all at the top and close to the side of the screen. But, if you look closer, say a dark image at night in a dim lit room, I have probably 15 to 20 stuck pixels. I don't understand why the 3 look bigger than the rest. So, I called Sprint and asked my options. THe girl polietly told me she would send out another. No questions asked. Well, it arrived today. Fire it up, and right in the middle of the screen just above the icons in TFLO, a big ole stuck pixel. Very annoying. But, it's the only big one and there is maybe 3 or 4 small stuck ones.

So, the big stuck pixel on the new TP2 I recieved made me fortunate for what I got now in my original. That plus on the new one the keyboard is very loose. So I'm sending the 2nd one back and gonna tell them to note it on my account about the pixels issue I have now. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

And just to let everyone know, I'm not a perfectionist by any means. And I don't stand in a dark room for hours waiting for a pixel to pop out at me. But, when I pay close to $400 for a phone, I expect to have NO dead pixels. I can live with a few, but not 15 to 20!!!

HAHAH! HTC must hate you. That a ridiculous among of stuck pixels. Send that back with a luggy.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Great...this doesn't sound good. I'm receiving mine tomorrow, and I will be returning it if there are stuck/dead pixels for sure. I never had any pixel problems with my Mogul, my first Touch had a black spot on the LCD after almost a year of ownership (which I traded in for a new one), and neither of my two Touch Pros had any pixel issues. ever.
Stuck or dead pixels were VERY rare for the past devices. But this is ridiculous! If the data on the vote is correct, 1 out of 4 Pro2 they sell have this issue. And by this ISSUE I mean 4 to 20 stuck pixels. I would return until I get a flawless screen like the 3 out of 4 that people are gewtting. When ppl say.. "Ohh , your soo picky. Its not bad! " Chances are they have a perfect screen and dont see the issue. Pro2 is turning into a disaster. ss much as many members here hate to hear that. Beautiful big screen, but full of dead and stuck pixels with an uneven back light. My pro 1 is looking better and better with its futuristic magnotrom stylus and Capacitive Dpad. Ohh yeah baby. ANd no stick pixels. And LED flash light. That think comes in handy all the time when interrogating people!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

1st, learn to multi-quote or edit previous posts. It's quite annoying with your signature that's as tall as my phone taking up half the page.

2nd, I have one stuck pixel, stuck on red in the bottom center of the screen. Didn't even notice it until i turned on the camera and looked over the screen multiple times, and even then i almost though it may have been dust as there were a couple dust specs showing on the screen as well. IMO, not a big deal as the pixes are very small, and unless you're looking for them, a dead/stuck pixel here or there isn't a huge issue. I have 1 dead pixel and 2 stuck pixels on my monitor and almost never notice them, even though i do know where they are.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

RobsOnLine is a n00b

I got my second TP2 in, and it has 10 stuck pixels'! Twice as many as my original. I am sending it back instead of my first one, and telling Verizon to send me another one; however, if the next one is just as bad, I am just going to live with it. The phone is just too nice, and like other posters have stated, I hardly notice them unless I am looking for them. It sucks that they are there, but this phone is so much better than the TP1 that I can live with it. YMMV.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2