PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

I originally voted no, but after looking at the screen in camera mode, have several white/colored pixels. Never see them outside of a completely black screen, so I guess it isn't an issue. Plus, with the shape Sprint is in, I don't want to cost them extra money if I am not really that unhappy
Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason559 View Post
I originally voted no, but after looking at the screen in camera mode, have several white/colored pixels. Never see them outside of a completely black screen, so I guess it isn't an issue. Plus, with the shape Sprint is in, I don't want to cost them extra money if I am not really that unhappy
After receiving 3 devices, all with the same issue, I would assume a lot more people have them but just are not realizing it. Unless you are in a completely dark room with a black background on you will not see it. Also, the brightness needs to be fully up. If you have it on auto and go into a dark room the brightness will stay pretty low and you will not notice it.

All in all, it is far from a reason to return the device for good. It is still Sprints best ppc device and runs circles around the TP. If anyone is thinking of not getting it due to this issue, you have bigger problems then us sitting in dark rooms trying to find them.....
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
So you think all LCD made screens should be 100% perfect?

They aren't. I could look at my past MP3 players, my TV, my Sidekick hell, my Harmony remote. All of these had issues of a dead or stuck pixel.

It's a COMMON THING to happen.

Seriously, we know you have a massive hate on for the TP2, but it seems like you're going searching for a single, tiny problem to pounce on.

Yes, mine has a stuck pixel, but so did my TV. I'm not planning on shipping either back. Thanks.
exactly, i checked my wifes diamond she had 1 or 2, i checked my 3 lcd computer screens at work, all had atleast one stuck pixel...... If we were to return everything with a dead/stuck pixel, then we wouldnt have anything........ not tvs, no cellphones, bye computer screens, oh, dont forget the mp3 players..... its life, and its technology

if you just had one exiled then you would know what were talking about,

the phone is just outstanding.
big woopideee doo.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Now.. if all of you Pro2 buyers don return these defective LCD screen back fror proper 100% working LCD then egg is on your face.
Dude...you MUST understand...IT'S NOT JUST HTC AND THE TP2. This, as has been said a few times, is a problem with ALL LCD screens. NOT just the TP2. The way you are going about it, with your comments and numerous threads, is very bias, and misleading, which is not fair to those who come here to get the straight goods on things. I'm not saying stuck pixels should not be reported, just that it be done in the proper context.

The goal of any good forum is to help each other out, and to primarily help newcomers gain unbiased information to help them make the right decision for themselves. Presenting issues in the almost, fanatical, bias way you are doing it only hurts everyone and surely directs more abuse on you for doing it. I'm sure your intentions are well intended. We need vigilant people scouring new devices like this to inform all of us on possible issues, but we also need the those same people to present those problems in the proper light, otherwise we have been MISinformed.

Dave.

Last edited by Paragon; 09-12-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I kindly disagree. My LCD screen had no dead pixel and all my PDA's and ppc have no dead or stuck pixel. ANd I have had a few friends that have returned TV's for that reason and they were giving 100 flawless LCD replacement. But do as you all wish, if you happy, then you are happy. I wouldn't be happy if the dead or stuck pixels where right in the middle.

PS. I just did a google search on this matter. People from cameras,lcd tvs, monitors, phones etc. Are both is the same boat we are in. Theres a half half split on the reaction. Some say," live with it.. all LCD have dead and stuck pixels." And the other half says "Return it, you should be stuck with a stuck or dead pixel.. all my LCD gadget are 100% free of these anomalies because I return them."

So there you go. SO no need for a flame war or back and forth in how we are all correct. But please keep voting!

Last edited by Exil3d; 09-12-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I kindly disagree. My LCD screen had no dead pixel and all my PDA's and ppc have no dead or stuck pixel. ANd I have had a few friends that have returned TV's for that reason and they were giving 100 flawless LCD replacement. But do as you all wish, if you happy, then you are happy. I wouldn't be happy if the dead or stuck pixels where right in the middle.
Ditto...
Old 09-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

There another discussion over at XDA. Same divide as in here. Some say return it till you get a flawless LCD in which do exist and some say.. "I can live with it.". But one thing that keeps comming up is some members are saying that some stuck pixels lead to dead pixels. And dead pixels are pitch black in nature. So that WILL be a issue for all.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=527075&page=2
Old 09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

I haven't notice any on mine. Mine is flawless..... so far anyway.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Do we have any experts in here that know in detail about stuck pixels? I keep running into posts on other sites that say that stuck pixels lead to dead pixels. If thats the case some of you guys who are contempt will have a rude awakening when you turn it one on morning and your screen has a few black dots. Just a warning.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defective_pixel
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2