PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Spring

tstall2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to stop defaulting back ot the home tab

Changing the timeout value seems to have no effect on the only real major problem I have with the phone. Whenever I turn the phone off or the screen times-out, I power back on to the HTC home page (after I utilize S2U). This is very annoying, especially if I am playing music in the car or the gym. Seems like an incredibly bad design decision and something that HTC/Sprint needs to fix.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstall2 View Post
Changing the timeout value seems to have no effect on the only real major problem I have with the phone. Whenever I turn the phone off or the screen times-out, I power back on to the HTC home page (after I utilize S2U). This is very annoying, especially if I am playing music in the car or the gym. Seems like an incredibly bad design decision and something that HTC/Sprint needs to fix.
Agreed. I recommend you also send your opinion to HTC.

http://www.htc.com/us/CS_Mail.aspx

They will open a ticket and WILL respond.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

williamlroy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalguy View Post
I don't know if this has been pointed out or not, but the problem can be lessened by changing the timeout for the lock. If you have lock set for anything UP until 1 hour, the phone will default to the home screen during a phone conversation after it blanks from the proximity sensor.

When set at 1 hour, it will NOT default to the home screen. (At least it won't with my Verizon stock ROM.) I have mine set that way for now but would like to set it for lock in 1 min as 1 hour is enough time for someone to do real damage to your email accounts if you lose the phone.

There's really no way you could defend that as a feature if you ask me.
Mine is set to 2 hrs on Sprint TP2 and it still had the bug...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

normalguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamlroy View Post
Mine is set to 2 hrs on Sprint TP2 and it still had the bug...
Can you try setting it to one hour?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

can someone cab for me the setting to turn off the automatic lock. I have a private exchange account, so i would not be going through any company rules.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketab View Post
can someone cab for me the setting to turn off the automatic lock. I have a private exchange account, so i would not be going through any company rules.
Just go to: Setting/Lock and uncheck "Prompt if device unused for"
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

khudson23 is just getting started

you need zeenyee unlock google the cab install and then you can check the box
Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Again I don't think this has anything to do with locking the phone. I never lock my phone, and have this happen all the time. It did it out of the box even with no aftermarket programs/tweaks installed yet.

Also, I don't understand why people still use s2u2 or any lock at all,other then to secure the phone (not like it's much security since SR would get you in). I always just hit the sleep button on my Titan and I do the same with my TP2. The phone's screen/buttons are inactive whenever it's asleep...
Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Again I don't think this has anything to do with locking the phone. I never lock my phone, and have this happen all the time. It did it out of the box even with no aftermarket programs/tweaks installed yet.

Also, I don't understand why people still use s2u2 or any lock at all,other then to secure the phone (not like it's much security since SR would get you in). I always just hit the sleep button on my Titan and I do the same with my TP2. The phone's screen/buttons are inactive whenever it's asleep...
For the Sprint TP2 it never happened to me until I added Push Email and my security policy for Microsoft Exchange Server required me to place a Device Lock on it. This bug has been around since the days of the Touch HD and most everyone who has had it have all been from having to use the Device Default Lock. I have hard reset my phone twice just to see if the bug still existed without using the device lock and it didn't. I am not talking about S2U2 or any other lock program either.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post

My phone turns on for all sorts of reasons and I don't wan't the screen being accidentally touched while it's in my pocket.... Have to avoid "butt dialing"

By the way, the workaround above is working for me as well. Thanks much!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2