PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to stop defaulting back ot the home tab

If I press the power button and wait greater than 3 seconds and turn my TP2 pro back on it goes back to the home tab instead of whatever program I had opened. I understand why you would want this to happen but the time out is way too short- any ideas (registry edits) to correct this and or lengthen the time out period?

EDIT- look here for the fix which worked for me!!! (my problem occured due to utilizing the lock for exchange) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=93 (here is direct link to the stay unlock program with some instructions/options: http://journal.zenyee.com/2008/10/19...ter-two-years/)
p.s. I only had to install the stay unlock program and did not need to make any registry edits- don't forget to config stay unlock for "always stay unlock" and then go to the lock settings to uncheck "prompt if device unused for"
thanks tsowen for getting involved!!!

Last edited by jimmyz; 09-30-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: work around found
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: How to stop defaulting back ot the home tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
If I press the power button and wait greater than 3 seconds and turn my TP2 pro back on it goes back to the home tab instead of whatever program I had opened. I understand why you would want this to happen but the time out is way too short- any ideas (registry edits) to correct this and or lengthen the time out period?
This is referenced in the Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications sticky. Seems to make reference more to the in-call annoyance, but from what I've read briefly the reference to csdevctrl in these posts in that thread may help:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=59
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=65
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=73

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

disable the default device lock with the .cab in the tweaks folder and use s2u2 if you need a lock app..<shrug>
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
This is referenced in the Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications sticky. Seems to make reference more to the in-call annoyance, but from what I've read briefly the reference to csdevctrl in these posts in that thread may help:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=59
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=65
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=73
Thanks- I tried the registry change and no luck
Old 09-06-2009, 08:44 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Thanks- I tried the registry change and no luck
You did soft reset after making the registry change? PErsonaly I don't use TF3D, but I enabled it and changed this registry setting, soft reset, and it works like a charm. No more TouchFlo home screen when I turn the power back on.

EDIT: Okay, scratch that. It worked, but only on my first attempt. Since then it's been going back to the home screen again!

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-06-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes I did- I powered the unit completely off (hold power key down for several seconds) then turned it back on.
Maybe its because I don't have the device lock on to start with?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Yes I did- I powered the unit completely off (hold power key down for several seconds) then turned it back on.
Maybe its because I don't have the device lock on to start with?
See my EDIT on my last post. It actually didn't work for me

FYI, I don't believe holding down the power key for a period of time resets the device. You either need a software utility to do this for you, or use the reset pin hole under the back cover.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

After reading through the post on the tweaks thread I realized I also have the phone screen problem described here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=65
I would hate to have to hard reset to see if this problem was caused by something I installed! Anyone have any idea how to prevent this default back to home tab?

EDIT- after poking around a bit I found that if I change my lock settings to "prompt if device is unused" to 0 minutes (originally I had this set to 1 hour) now when I press the power button off then back on, I get back to whatever screen I was originally on- no more defaulting to the home tab- of course now I have to enter my pin for anything other than when I am on a phone call (i.e. the phone screen problem is fixed!)

Last edited by jimmyz; 09-08-2009 at 03:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
After reading through the post on the tweaks thread I realized I also have the phone screen problem described here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=65
I would hate to have to hard reset to see if this problem was caused by something I installed! Anyone have any idea how to prevent this default back to home tab?
I did perform hardreset twice but still no luck,it still default back to the home tab,sucks.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I did perform hardreset twice but still no luck,it still default back to the home tab,sucks.
See my edit above- also did you try the registry edit? I am assuming it did not work for your either?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2