PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i believe its time , poor phone ..

alright getting my 6th maybe 7th replacement tomorrow within a year . im sick of all these problems .. i love wm6.x but this phone is beigining to drive me nuts . i have my one year upgrade available , epic .. or evo shift ? i need a full hardware keyboard . i like the display o the epic and the front facing camera . however , the responsivenss of the shift is unbeatable .. im really stuck btw these 2 phones .
Old 05-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: i believe its time , poor phone ..

im mostly leaning towards the evo shit .. as i can just tether in order to cam with friends .. its not a big deal not having that front facing camera ..
Old 05-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I'm not impressed with evo shift speed, don't know if I missed something. I would go with the epic or arrive if I was you. Regarding the evo shift I love sliding mechanism, but that's it.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
im mostly leaning towards the evo shit .. as i can just tether in order to cam with friends .. its not a big deal not having that front facing camera ..
LOL at your typo!

What problems? If you used 6.1 on a new TP2 you would be much happier. Wait till mango comes out and then get a wp7 device.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The dark side beckons...I have an Epic and its responsiveness is really good as well..you can disable transition animation for instant responses..part of the waiting is the animation transition...you can make it even faster by loading up ext4, and even more faster once we get gingerbread..

Let me ask you this what do you use your phone for and what do you expect from the phone..based on that I can give you a better suggestion..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp
Carrier: sprint

ymarker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm waiting for the evo 3d
Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

LOL at your typo!

What problems? If you used 6.1 on a new TP2 you would be much happier. Wait till mango comes out and then get a wp7 device.
well firstly , the 'f' key on my phone doesnt work sometimes as youve noticed .. lmfao .. and its not windows mobile thats driving me nuts . i love windows mobile . its the hardware , ie the 'f' key , every replacement ive gotten the usb port is very touch , i get a weird SOD which is not wm problem . as it does it while running android .. and many others .. im just tired of making the sprint store my second home .
Old 05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
well firstly , the 'f' key on my phone doesnt work sometimes as youve noticed .. lmfao .. and its not windows mobile thats driving me nuts . i love windows mobile . its the hardware , ie the 'f' key , every replacement ive gotten the usb port is very touch , i get a weird SOD which is not wm problem . as it does it while running android .. and many others .. im just tired of making the sprint store my second home .
have you tried having sprint give you a new in box rather then a refurb?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymarker View Post
I'm waiting for the evo 3d
no physical keyboard . not for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen
Let me ask you this what do you use your phone for and what do you expect from the phone..based on that I can give you a better suggestion..
Good point .. well ive mainly been limited to what my phone can do . but ,
listed in order of preference ..
1. calling
2. texting
3. tethering
4. entertainment(youtube music pictures)
5. games

i think id be happy with the shit , i love the metal construction . as far as speed , the one in the sprint store just blazes . and ive never seen a displayed electronic device perform as well as that did . the shift is nice , but feels like i can crush it with my hands .. however the screen is nice .. and its the hard glass too .. ugh decisions decisions -.-
Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
have you tried having sprint give you a new in box rather then a refurb?
sprint isn't doing anymore new tp2's i can't really understand why a buddy of mines told me this the other day :S

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2