PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 battery?

Yea, I've been seeing 2 - 2-1/2 days worth with mild activity on a single charge. When I start using it heavily (streaming audio, etc) it pretty much will last the better part of the day.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with it.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

hope this is true I just wish someone would be smart enough to make a smart phone with a 3k MAH battery from the start omg that would be so awesome! but doubt anyone will means less money for 3rd party
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoeball View Post
lol! That's because we're all busy enjoying our devices

I find that the battery life on the TP2 is much better than my old device, the Diamond. I would always worry about it dying, bring extra chargers, you know the drill. Wouldn't last a day in standby.

The TP2 is MILES ahead of the last-gen in terms of batt. life! Right now, since 630am, my TP2 has been in standby for 5 hours, and in use for 2. it's sitting at 70% battery. Woo!

I've had it go 2 days on a charge, with mild usage. (that's with push-internet, 2 mail accounts syncing every hour, etc.etc.)

Verdict from a Telus user: BATTERY=GOOD
Yeah- COMPLETELY AGREE with Joe. I've been delinquent in posting because this is a seriously cool phone! Battery life is NOTHING like the P4000 i'm graduating from. With that phone using the same settings and probably greater net usage on the TP2, I'm finding I can get through a 30-40 hr period before I get the "recharge or lose your data" mssg on the TP2 battery compared to a 10-15hr period on the P4000.

I don't want to slam the P4000 too badly (i'm still trying to sell it) but I gotta be honest - the phones' battery usage are in completely different leagues.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
hope this is true I just wish someone would be smart enough to make a smart phone with a 3k MAH battery from the start omg that would be so awesome! but doubt anyone will means less money for 3rd party
If that was the case then most people wont buy it simply because of how huge the phone will end up being. Some people would rather carry an extra oem size battery than to walk around with a brick. I mean can you imagine if the tp2 came standard with a 3k mah battery? But if they did, third parties would still make money since third party prices on accessories are always cheaper than a similar oem accessory.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

My battery seems to be dying alot faster than some of the other posters...the first day I screwed around with the wifi quite abit and the battery was dead within a few hours (which I've read happens..oh well, turn wifi off next tim eI leave the house) But even today it was fully charged, didn't use it too much and 12 hours later we are at 40% and dropping...any tips to conserve battery life? I've tried to adjust the brightness but that doesn't seem possible (or I'm an idiot..lol) any other tips/tricks to increase the battery life?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

Turns out I am an idiot...go to settings/All Settings/Power/Backlight tab...uncheck auto adjust and voila, you can set the level you want, so I turned the brightness down, hopefully that helps a bit...any other tips people have besides wifi and brightness? :P
Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

Moved from the Touch to Touch Pro2 and noticed that the baterry is much better - no problem getting through the day with juice left over even with playing movies. I am impressed! I had two extra batteries for my
Touch and used the Seidio 1500 ma battery as my main one and still had to put in a second one some days. I am still going to purchase a backup but I have had my TP2 for a week now and haven't got below 25% playing with it constantly.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Zammer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Zammer

Had mine for a week now, totally happy with the TP2
(moved unfortunate circumstance from a vogue)

Man I am impressed with the speed of this compared to the vogue !

Even the GPS locks way faster than the touch

Battery life for my usage on the TP2 is ok for stock battery, I had the extended 2500mah and cover on my vogue, lasted longer, but should for the larger battery I had.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zammer View Post

Battery life for my usage on the TP2 is ok for stock battery, I had the extended 2500mah and cover on my vogue, lasted longer, but should for the larger battery I had.
Mine is lasting about the same as my Touch Vogue was, with the extended battery (2000Mah). I can get a couple days out of it unless I'm in a bad signal area, then that drops to about 7 hours. My office is a good representation of a Faraday cage.

There IS an external battery available for the TP2 http://www.superetrader.co.uk/extend...ro-p-5298.html but really, I have a few things to knock it:

1) It makes the device frickin huge. It's another replace the back door for the giant battery mod.
2) 12 GBP.... seriously? I'd expect that battery to explode the third time I used it. Seems a bit too cheap.
3) The new cover is butt ugly.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TripleAgent is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
If that was the case then most people wont buy it simply because of how huge the phone will end up being. Some people would rather carry an extra oem size battery than to walk around with a brick. I mean can you imagine if the tp2 came standard with a 3k mah battery? But if they did, third parties would still make money since third party prices on accessories are always cheaper than a similar oem accessory.
with a phone with this much surface area, you'd think they would make them longer and wider before thicker to squeeze a bigger battery in there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2