PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TELUS TP2 worldwide using GSM SIM card

how much did u pay for your sim unlock?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:56 AM
N00b

Monkii is just getting started

maedhros: I really love to know where you got your unlock code!!! I tried mobileincanada.com but came back with IMEI not found in their database and refunded my money!! Tried fastgsm.com too, failed, said will refund but yet to receive back my money!!

I'm so frustrated!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

chopsxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedhros View Post
Hey guys. I just got my cell unlocked (took about 30 mins for code to come in). If you want I can link the site, they have a location in GTA, but you can get it online. I Literaly ordered it, cut the grass, came inside and unlocked the phone.

Anyways, the phone is only catching EDGE speeds with rogers, so I think 3G is out of the question. I don't even see any way to choose 3G or edge. If you want I can do some tests or something.

Hey CHopp, just a quick question, how did u get VM set up?

Thanks.
I didnt setup VM or do anything but check that my phone would register and call on the network and see a gprs/edge icon. I imagine that you would just call your own phone and press # or * to access VM, or call rogers and get them to T you up with direct access into the mailbox from the phone (still dialing your own #)

@Monkii - if you live in a city, find a local shop like above poster mentioned and take your phone in. youre either totally screwed, or youre missing something that another set of eyes might scope. hopefully the latter... good luck
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: rogers

maedhros is keeping up the good workmaedhros is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
how much did u pay for your sim unlock?
40$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkii View Post
maedhros: I really love to know where you got your unlock code!!! I tried mobileincanada.com but came back with IMEI not found in their database and refunded my money!! Tried fastgsm.com too, failed, said will refund but yet to receive back my money!!

I'm so frustrated!!!!!!

It cost me more then mobilinCanada, however, I got my code like I said within half an hour (although on there website it says day or 2), so I thought the extra 5$ was worth it.

It was http://www.visionmobile.ca/. I called them afterward to let them know I had ordered, and I think that spread up the process. So you might want to do that aswell.

NO ONE in my local area was able to unlock it except this place and mobilincanada. However I felt the fact they have a shop in the GTA makes them a little more trust worthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsxxx View Post
I didnt setup VM or do anything but check that my phone would register and call on the network and see a gprs/edge icon. I imagine that you would just call your own phone and press # or * to access VM, or call rogers and get them to T you up with direct access into the mailbox from the phone (still dialing your own #)
Ok thanks.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Subsidy code to unlock SIM does not work. I got my subsidy unlock code from telus and i still get the "invalid SIM unlock code. The subsidy unlock code itself is six digits, and i read somewhere that it should be anywhere from 8-10 digits.

anyone else experience this?

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's not the subsidy unlock code you need. It's the SIM unlock code you need.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Clears things up, thanks. Read somewhere its the subsidy code we need to unlock it.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work

If you guys want to see some interesting reading material, check this out, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...70#post1118370
Somewhat irrelevant, but, small bit of proof that once the phone is unlocked, using it on the 3G and 4G network is completely plausible! Not to mention, the fact that, once you have it unlocked, it is truly a WORLD phone and will work in North America and all it providers!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

It cannot work on a 4G network as that is a completely different technology.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

chopsxxx is just getting started

Well - after unlocking it, I'm successfully using it on Optus in Australia, and I'm getting H speeds on downloads. In fact, the appartment where I'm staying has the worst broadband speeds... about 20K, and I'm using CM Internet connection sharing through my phone when I need better speed

Also - I verified that I was able to use a Rogers SIM card to send and receive phone calls before I left Canada. I think I only got EDGE on Rogers, but I'm going to test more when I get back. Much like the CDMA phone settings, there are hidden GSM phone settings pages including radio config settings. On the Band age you can choose between
Auto,
GSM (900+1800)+UTMS(2100+900),
GSM (1900 +850)+UTMS(1900+850),
UTMS (2100)

I will play with this when I get back to see if phone is capable of H speeds on Rogers. Maybe someone else can test.

Cheers

Last edited by chopsxxx; 08-27-2009 at 08:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2