PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TELUS TP2 worldwide using GSM SIM card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
It will work internationally no problem. The question is can the gsm frequencies for the states but unlocked so you could use t-mobile or at&t. I will love this if it can.
I don't know if the Telus phones differ from the Sprint/Verizon phones but I was able to find the Rogers network here in canada which is our GSM provider. So the radios did work on mine... just locked down.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

UnXpectedError is just getting started

My TP2 came with this.

Last edited by UnXpectedError; 08-10-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Cool, so if you use this SIM internationally, will Telus charge you for roaming?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
Cool, so if you use this SIM internationally, will Telus charge you for roaming?
If thats the case I wonder what the rates would be like?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
If thats the case I wonder what the rates would be like?
Probably not as favourable as purchasing a SIM whilst abroad and using pay as you go!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Telus roaming rates are at least $1.50 per minute I believe. At least that's what they are if you roam on CDMA to the US.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:15 AM
N00b

emmanuel.a.asselin is just getting started

That card is only for roaming overseas. The rates go from 3,50 a min up to 5,00 give or take depending in what zone you`re in. Data is 52$ per mb where ever you are outside North America...
Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

chopsxxx is just getting started

Hey guys

I have a Telus Touch Pro 2. I bought the unlock code from mobileincanada.com. It took 2.5 days and worked. Under Settings/Personal/Security I now have "This phone is SIM unlocked" as opposed to "Enter your security code to unlock SIM" after they activated my phone. (Its unlocked before activation).

Prior to unlock, my old Optus SIM would be denied, and phone would switch to CDMA only mode. After unlock, Optus card is readable including contacts, and phone switches to GSM. I want to borrow a friend's activated rogers SIM to test out for sure, but things seem good for me to leave for Oz tomorrow.

Telus would NOT give out the unlock code, and they do not "support" anything to do with unlocking it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsxxx View Post
Hey guys

I have a Telus Touch Pro 2. I bought the unlock code from mobileincanada.com. It took 2.5 days and worked. Under Settings/Personal/Security I now have "This phone is SIM unlocked" as opposed to "Enter your security code to unlock SIM" after they activated my phone. (Its unlocked before activation).

Prior to unlock, my old Optus SIM would be denied, and phone would switch to CDMA only mode. After unlock, Optus card is readable including contacts, and phone switches to GSM. I want to borrow a friend's activated rogers SIM to test out for sure, but things seem good for me to leave for Oz tomorrow.

Telus would NOT give out the unlock code, and they do not "support" anything to do with unlocking it.
Two questions for you since you have experience. Does the phone support SIM pin codes? You said that you can see your contacts, I'm guessing you're referring to those actually stored on the SIM itself? If this is true, that is GREAT news!!

Also, I would greatly appreciate if you could check if data services work normally in GSM mode. Can you use internet sharing?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chopsxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Two questions for you since you have experience. Does the phone support SIM pin codes? You said that you can see your contacts, I'm guessing you're referring to those actually stored on the SIM itself? If this is true, that is GREAT news!!

Also, I would greatly appreciate if you could check if data services work normally in GSM mode. Can you use internet sharing?
I can see the #'s on the SIM itself. However, I've been CDMA for my entire cell using life. So bear with me in SIM matters... What is a SIM pin code, and how could I check it? I can see in the GSM part of phone options (there are now two pages: CDMA and GSM for service provider options) and one is PIN/PIN2. The SIM manager program offers ability to transfer contacts to and from SIM card but does work. I cant check the GSM options until I can register on a network with a valid SIM, which I dont have. (I have a few old deactivated sims)

I am flying to Oz tomorrow. I will verify that data and other things work as they should with an Oz provider when I get my Oz SIM. I will post the results here. However, hopefully today I"ll try an activated Rogers SIM from a friend's phone and post same.

Last edited by chopsxxx; 08-18-2009 at 01:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2