chopsxxx
PPCGeeks Regular

chopsxxx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TELUS TP2 worldwide using GSM SIM card

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Two questions for you since you have experience. Does the phone support SIM pin codes? You said that you can see your contacts, I'm guessing you're referring to those actually stored on the SIM itself? If this is true, that is GREAT news!!

Also, I would greatly appreciate if you could check if data services work normally in GSM mode. Can you use internet sharing?
I can see the #'s on the SIM itself. However, I've been CDMA for my entire cell using life. So bear with me in SIM matters... What is a SIM pin code, and how could I check it? I can see in the GSM part of phone options (there are now two pages: CDMA and GSM for service provider options) and one is PIN/PIN2. The SIM manager program offers ability to transfer contacts to and from SIM card but does work. I cant check the GSM options until I can register on a network with a valid SIM, which I dont have. (I have a few old deactivated sims)

I am flying to Oz tomorrow. I will verify that data and other things work as they should with an Oz provider when I get my Oz SIM. I will post the results here. However, hopefully today I"ll try an activated Rogers SIM from a friend's phone and post same.

Last edited by chopsxxx; 08-18-2009 at 01:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.