PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 01:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcmoguluser View Post
some of u guys are pretty lost.

sept 09 is the date.
why would it come out in 2010 when theres already pictures of it stamped with a sprint logo?
and why did some1 even dare say tmobile will get it first? they didnt even get the first 1! lmao.

so sept 09 it is. how do i know? i work at sprint woodbridge nj.
and where is your proof? I am sick of these idiots going on and on abou dates and times but no one has any proof. till i see proof sept 9 is a rumor like any others. and I speak to an excect quit a bit and even she says their is no definite date. so enough with the rumors proof NOW!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So a couple of people here are swearing by a Sept 9 release date, yet Sprint cannot and will not even announce a release date. There is a reason for this guys... So keep thinking that Sept 9 you will be holding a new Touch Pro 2 in your pretty little hands... When you wake up from that heartbreaking little dream, make sure you post back here to appologize for giving false hopes. I made no claim to a release date, I simply said it won't happen soon and actually I couldn't care less because the Touch Pro 2 is still the same old laggy, cumbersome Windows Mobile 6.1. So no big deal to us happy Palm Pre users.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I think the webOS forum is THAT'S AWAY *points down* I can't wait for this phone to drop within the next two months so this guy can't shut up your post is as most as bad and ppl pulling release dates out the air. I wish I had 4 thumbs so I can give your pointless post 4 thumbs down
Being an A*****e there's an app for that

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
Being an A*****e there's an app for that
Now thats some funny s**t right there, LOL. And to tx_dbs_tx, these are rumor threads. Just about everyone here knows to take all this speculative stuff with a grain of salt but the way you are sounding is pretty laughable and pathetic. Please just stop

Old 07-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

So to get back on track.

I was looking at all the sprint phones that are on the Sprint site and found one thing in common. The terms of the "sale" pricing of all the phones (or at least most of them) are showing an offer expiration date of August 15th or September 7th.

The last time I saw this type of patter was when the Palm Pre was rumored to be released and when checking the offer expirations, they were for the same day as the rumored release date of the Pre.

Things that make ya go HMMMMMMM!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcmoguluser View Post
some of u guys are pretty lost.

sept 09 is the date.
why would it come out in 2010 when theres already pictures of it stamped with a sprint logo?
and why did some1 even dare say tmobile will get it first? they didnt even get the first 1! lmao.

so sept 09 it is. how do i know? i work at sprint woodbridge nj.
because its all over the WEB, T-mobile drops it AUG 12th or 19th i forget.. They are the first ones, thats why were saying it.. it got announced WEB-wide yesterday....

i try to stay out of the rumors, but i asked my franchise spritn owner friend yesterday... he didnt gve a specific date, just Early Sept was all he said.... but i know its all rumors... he didnt say he had some book that said it, or claim to have 1 to play with... just stated thats what hes been told by his superiors...

just another rumor for ya guys
Old 07-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
So to get back on track.

I was looking at all the sprint phones that are on the Sprint site and found one thing in common. The terms of the "sale" pricing of all the phones (or at least most of them) are showing an offer expiration date of August 15th or September 7th.

The last time I saw this type of patter was when the Palm Pre was rumored to be released and when checking the offer expirations, they were for the same day as the rumored release date of the Pre.

Things that make ya go HMMMMMMM!
So based on these findings, you think the 09/06 sounds accurate?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Thats not too bad... That just give me more time to drop and damage my phone so I can sell it for even less...
Old 07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

What I think is that there is something happening on both of those dates but I am not sure that the TP2 is what is happening although I really hope so because that is the same day I am switch to SPRINT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
So based on these findings, you think the 09/06 sounds accurate?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
When it comes to multi-touch, I swear I saw a YouTube video of a TP demo that showed it was capable of multi-touch.

The problem is that in terms of some multi-touch gestures like the pinch, they are patented by Apple.
here it is:
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...t-not-how-you/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2