PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint July 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Now here is some interesting news, so machine that sprint uses to swap phonebook #'s is called cellebrite (those of us that work at corporate owned stores know what i'm talking about) Now when you transfer #'s or pics you have to put in the model # of the 1st phone and the model # of the to phone. Today the tp2 is in cellbrite to do phonebook swaps, take it as you want, just thought i would give some factual information.
Nice! I take it you work at a Sprint store?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

if it was coming out on the 25 we would know by now. its not even coming out this summer... sprint will not release the pro2 until the demand for the pre calms down. its about money people. just look at tmobile. We wont hear anything on the phone(officially) until there's some kind of official announcement about another popular phone from a competitor i.e. verizon and the storm 2. the iphone wasnt a threat because of the pre so we have to wait until something popular is announced elsewhere before sprint tries to steal some of the thunder away from verizon.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Can I change the subject into something more useful then arguing back and forth.....its not like it will change the release date one way or the other.

I was wondering...the TP2 can do CDMA/GSM right...so can it use both the Sprint and Nextel network? or is that asking too much?
Nextel uses the IDEN network, not GSM.

And the Sprint TP2 will be locked from use on US GSM carriers.. it's GSM capabilities only have value if you take it to Europe and use it on GSM carriers over there.

(All of the info provided comes from various press releases and I cannot verify it's validity. Everything about the TP2 is a rumor as of now.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
if it was coming out on the 25 we would know by now. its not even coming out this summer... sprint will not release the pro2 until the demand for the pre calms down. its about money people. just look at tmobile. We wont hear anything on the phone(officially) until there's some kind of official announcement about another popular phone from a competitor i.e. verizon and the storm 2. the iphone wasnt a threat because of the pre so we have to wait until something popular is announced elsewhere before sprint tries to steal some of the thunder away from verizon.
I totally disagree... The notion that the TP would steal thunder from the Pre is ridiculous... Sprint doesn't really care what phone their subscribers use, because the majority of their profit comes in the monthly contract, not in the phone sale. As such, they have no motivation to withhold a new phone because it "might" hurt sales of another phone. It's not like the TP2 is going to magically prevent someone who wants to move from Verizon to sprint for the Pre from doing that... Ultimately, waiting to release a phone makes it more likely that they'll LOSE customers, because I'll GUARANTEE there are some folks who leave sprint for T-mobile when they get sick of waiting for the TP2.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

lmao 14 pages over an unconfirmed rumor. awesome.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
That's too fcuking funny, and excatly what I was thinking. I can say though I was in a Telus store yesterday and the Rep did confirm they will be receivng the Pro, mid next week. So Sprint maybe soon or soon after

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 07-15-2009 at 06:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
first post i see when i log in, almost spilled my soda. lol
Old 07-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I can say though I was in a Telus store yesterday and the Rep did confirm they will be receivng the Pro, mid next week. So Sprint maybe soon or soon after
That's great news! If the reps know about it, its GOTTA be coming soon. They always seem to be in the dark.

+1 to Telus for getting this first!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

I called telesales, and the operator said that phone wasnt even coming to the US...lol. Then I told her I have already seen a Sprint branded device...clueless!!!!!!!!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2