PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Sprint Release Rumor's Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by weakkneed View Post
This is fact. I took my touch pro to BESTBUY for warranty repair. After a month, I was approved for an instore exchange. The rep said I could exchange for anything in the store because BB was not carrying the Touch Pro any longer and they could not order any more. After discussion, the rep found a TP at a San Antonio BB and was to have shipped it to receive a couple of days later. After a week, I have still not received the phone. If the rep could order the phone from the warehouse, I am sure he would have under the circumstances.
From what I understand, Best Buy gets their stock from Wirefly(or are the called simplexity now?)...And knowing wirefly, their stocks are COMPLETELY messed up..so messed up that even Sprint won't know whats going on.

When I ordered my PPC6700 it was through wirefly and they took months without saying anything until after 500 phone calls I learned that they "discontinued" it even though they had the phone in every Sprint store. This was at least 6 months before Mogul came out.

Using Wirefly stock to say whether or not TP2 is coming out is a pretty bad example...

Right now I think Sprint is trying to milk all they can with their Palm Pre..while they may be different form factors they both kinda compete with each other. My guess there would be more pressure once Telus releases it or closer to T-Mobile's deadline.
________
BEST STARCRAFT 2 REPLAYS SITE

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP

weakkneed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Actually, I am not involved in speculating about the TP2 release date. I have followed previous phone releases and usually recognise when the real information hits the wires (I don't believe it has). I was specifically replying to the replies emphatically stating that the TP has not been discontinued by BestBuy.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

now one thing I will agree on though is I bet if the palm pre didnt come out when it did the tp2 would be coming out soon or at least announced.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Yea but not so much as seeing the last touch pro didn't have the same marketing as the pre. Closes commercial the touch pro got was the fuze with at&t and it was only seen in the commercial not a htc fuze commercial. I believe end of this month start of aug more info on the sprint touch pro 2 will start to leak out IMO

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Local Sprint rep says October 2009.

late,
Coz
Yikes! TMobile is supposed to get theirs in August.. I hope we are closer than 2 months out from those bozo's.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
Yikes! TMobile is supposed to get theirs in August.. I hope we are closer than 2 months out from those bozo's.
We will know when the phone is released. I wouldn't take the Sprint rep's word on the release date. I don't think it will too much after t-mobile....but, according to sprint's roadmap, anytime during Q3 this thing could launch. October is Q4....

So, the release date will be between today, and Sept 31st...you heard it here...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint HTC TouchPro2 possibly delayed by software bug

maybe its all about the 4g netwerk in baltimore, no one esle has 4g yet maybe its going to have 4g capabilities. its prolly not coming out till november like sprints store said. we should all just get iphones anyway, everyone wants to skin their ppc to look like it anyway. everyone wants their ppc to have everything the iphone has. i would buy a 3gs and unlock it with tmobi. id pay full price too, maybee if itll start my car per bluetooth or ir.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Its about time that Sprint aka OLD YELLOW did some Q & A before a release. But I still think they will release it, and then release a patch or update.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I do wonder if the release is soon because this morning I just got a phone call from sprint and they left a voice mail wanting to discuss upgrading to the touch pro 2
Old 07-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
I do wonder if the release is soon because this morning I just got a phone call from sprint and they left a voice mail wanting to discuss upgrading to the touch pro 2
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????????????? Strange....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2