PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah, but it does have TF3D2, WVGA, better hardware durability, 3.5mm jack, much better keyboard, supposedly better battery life, and reviews seem to say that it's much faster than the TP1.

Good enough to make me want to upgrade.
As previously stated I said that the only differnce is the keyboard and the screen, I hate TF it is old I have Point Ui Pro and that is very much faster and more customizable then Tf ever will be. We'll see about the battery...lol
Old 08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
As previously stated I said that the only differnce is the keyboard and the screen, I hate TF it is old I have Point Ui Pro and that is very much faster and more customizable then Tf ever will be. We'll see about the battery...lol
We also know the TP2 has a planned upgrade to WM 6.5. The Touch Pro has a rumor of a 6.5 upgrade, but nothing concrete (unless you know something, being an insider). There are a ton of 6.5 roms for the Touch Pro, but it will be nice to have a phone that has an official 6.5 rom.

For me, this phone will definitely be an upgrade. I'm using the lowly Mogul.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
We also know the TP2 has a planned upgrade to WM 6.5. The Touch Pro has a rumor of a 6.5 upgrade, but nothing concrete (unless you know something, being an insider). There are a ton of 6.5 roms for the Touch Pro, but it will be nice to have a phone that has an official 6.5 rom.

For me, this phone will definitely be an upgrade. I'm using the lowly Mogul.
well the sprint one will def. have 6.1, but when 6.5 does come out, im sure any wm device will be upgradable to it, so you don't need to go buy a new phone just for 6.5. If you have a tp or diamond, the upgrade to a pro2 seems like a waste to me.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

hey muffinman i was about to switch over to tmobile to get the tp2 (i have sprint)if i didnt happen to check on here i would never knew that sprint was getting them next month so they was about to lose one customer if it wasnt for ppcgeeks btw what happens when someone sees a tp2 out and calls sprint about it and they give them the wrong info and they go somewhere else to get it thats what i was saying about them losing customers
Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
well the sprint one will def. have 6.1, but when 6.5 does come out, im sure any wm device will be upgradable to it, so you don't need to go buy a new phone just for 6.5. If you have a tp or diamond, the upgrade to a pro2 seems like a waste to me.
While I agree this is possible, as I have a mogul with 6.5 on it, there is no buzz about 6.1 phones released prior to this current wave (tp2, diamond2, omnia 2, etc) having a carrier sponsored 6.5 upgrade. I don't know if Sprint/Verizon/etc will put together a 6.5 rom for their previous devices. Would be nice, however.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

sux about the control key being dropped
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Is the Touch Pro the only phone with a dedicated control key? My treo 700wx didn't have it, and neither does my mogul.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

so I feel good about this date at the latest the 8th, I called sprint 3 times back to back and they kept comin up with that date of sept 8th!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
sux about the control key being dropped
It does suck.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I thought that someone posted that there was in fact a official 6.5 rom already for the TP2. I'm going to be really embarrassed for Sprint if it takes them this long to release a phone that is already 2 years old in technology and only WM6.1 on a September 09 release.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2