PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting a new TP2 - what bad things to look for in a referb

If I didnt have sero & 1000txts for $30 -23% Corp discount I would not be sticking with Sprint either. For the price I suffer service and customer support dysfunction.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

CarlL is a n00b

TP2 started dropping connections after a few seconds. Did a hard reset and took it in to local Sprint store. A quick check and they offered the $35 replacement deal.

I picked the new phone up Saturday. Very, very clean. Clear screen, USB working, all key working fine.

To me, this is a real bargain for an old TP2 that I got second hand. Staying with my $24 SERO!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I got my new phone from UPS today. In the box was the sprint paper work. One thing I noticed on it was that they claim to be able to charge you another $125 for phones damaged beyond repair. As this was not talked about when the replacement was offered, I wonder if they can enforce it. Seems to change the terms of the agreement after it has been paid for. What defines beyond repair? Has anyone ever seen this acted upon?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
If I didnt have sero & 1000txts for $30 -23% Corp discount I would not be sticking with Sprint either. For the price I suffer service and customer support dysfunction.
I thought they removed All sero discounts last January? They removed mine.
Why 1000 texts and not unlimited on sero?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 01-24-2012, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

I got my refurbed TP2 from Sprint for $35 a few weeks ago. My touchscreen was giving me trouble (probably because I gave it a lot of trouble first ). I love my SERO 500 with Pick 3 & Pick 2 in combination with Google Voice. I use Magicall to modify all calls I make to dial them through Google Voice (I haven't found anything comparable on Android).

BTW, I'm in Minneapolis, and have had great customer service and reception coverage with Sprint. Even if I paid full price for my phone and service, I don't think I'd complain much. Certainly with SERO + Google Voice (and other deals I've snagged over the years), I'm going to stick with Sprint for a long time.

I'm very happy with my TP2 right now and have no plans to upgrade. I picked up a refurbed Nook Color and put CM7.1 on it. Tethering that to my TP2 gives me a very good Android experience and so far has stifled my urge to upgrade my phone/plan with Sprint. I'm sure I'll end up on the SERO-P $50 plan one day, but not today.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:29 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
I love my SERO 500 with Pick 3 & Pick 2 in combination with Google Voice. I use Magicall to modify all calls I make to dial them through Google Voice (I haven't found anything comparable.....
Google Voice Callback app Does just that!

Last edited by gullzway; 01-24-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

CarlL is a n00b

I still have my 25% discount on SERO. I think the reason is that usage on this phone is probably under the radar. It is my wife's phone and she uses primarly voice with some email. She travels out of the US and when outside the country, she uses a SIM provided by another company that has very low per minute charges. That is the primary reason she is keeping the TP2.

If they hadn't done away with the discounts on SERO, she would probably go to premium and look for a more modern dual mode phone. The problem is that, if we change the plan at all we will most likely lose the discount. That would more than double our monthly cost.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Got the new phone, and everything seems to check out ok. Now I guess I just have to wait and see if they can fix the old phone I sent back, or if they try to charge me the $125 beyond repair fee that they are trying to seek in after the fact. I am hopeful that is only for extreme cases where the phone looks like it has been ran over by a tank.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

I went through 3 TP2s that I traded in at Sprint after losing the USB data connection. This is the most common flaw by far but not the worst. The power button will eventually die and some are very worn out on refurbs. Also, the hinges get worn out and eventually they seem to get "crunchy" when sliding shut. Look for one that is flat and with both sections sliding tight. Always check the left side gap. It should be as tight as right gap but they never are. As for the oil slick, just don't keep the phone in the bathroom during a 45 minute shower, don't subject it to rapid temp changes, and you'll be fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2