View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
elesbb
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting a new TP2 - what bad things to look for in a referb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
what do you mean it stopped sending data? it should work if it can charge :S
you sure it isn't your computers fault, like an active sync issue?

my phone seems to break active sync once in a while but works if i hard reset phone, not sure what happens but I toggle things on/off in registry so I'm not worried phone is broken, i think i just break it myself on accident Anyways if I need to access phone I connect to it via wifi anyways

my phone is refurb too, and i have no problems with it, not even sure why it was refurbed. everything on it works, well the keyboard is a bit of a problem on some letters, gets hard to press but since it's a real keyboard I can feel when it goes down so if it doesn't go down I press a bit harder
the USB can stop transmitting data while being able to charge , it happend to me . the USB port on the device is shot . I bet when he plugs his device into his computer he gets a "This device can perform faster" error just as i did .

As far as refurbs go this is what i went over when i got mine before sending my old one back:

Main hardware keys (Call, endcall, windows key and back key, volume keys power keys) Check for FULL functionality and ensure the "Click" feel is felt . it should have some resistance when pressing the button .

If all was good there , i checkes hardware keyboard , simply opened a text and pressed each individual key

Then i checked USB port , i plugged it into my comp with the volume all the way up and plugged the USB cable into my device then jiggled the plug at the phones end and listened for the "boodump" sound from my comp when a USB device was removed . If i heard that i immediatly complained for another .

Hope that helps !