PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: anyone know if assurion is still giving out replacement tp2s??

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
So when you get a replacement TP2 from Assurion, is it new or refurb?

If refurb, what do you do if it is beaten up, has a marginal screen, etc. ?

Best regards,
-boggsie
You can read about DaveTN's horror story going through 7 replacements and still not getting a good one HERE ... and they're all refurbs.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
and hit or miss with whether they're in good shape. it took me until the 4th to get a good one. oh wait, they've been bugging me to return my old one sent back 4 weeks prior. we'll see what happens.
Okay, folks...a little advice:

when you get a replacement phone via insurance, you get a prepaid envelope that has NO tracking whatsoever. I returned my phone the day after I activated my new one. That was near the first of the month. I started receiving nasty-calls two weeks in or so. Then, I received a letter in the mail saying I had not returned my phone. I called right before the end of the month, and was told to try back after the first. I did, and was told they did receive it. Well, that's a month later!

STILL...I get a huge charge on my Sprint account for failing to return the phone. I call Sprint & raise bloody hell. After wasting two hours, I finally have a credit for that amount on my account.

SO...use some form of trackable mailing, like delivery confirmation. Or, you could "lose" your phone, instead of it being destroyed, and you won't risk this lameness. This seems like a total scam to me. They send some cheap, untrackable means for returning the phone, and somehow expect the risk of loss to be on the customer. Total Bullsh!t IMO.

Be careful...

Old 11-20-2011, 06:12 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I went through a similar nightmare with sprint last year with a vat ordered evo. It got shipped to the wrong state.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700w, ppc6700, mogul, touch pro,tp2, Arrive
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

sleepyha is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to sleepyha

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Did they offer you the Arrive or did you tell them you wanted to upgrade it or what? I want a WP7 replaement for my TP2 lol.

i called assurion and asked if they had the tp2 in stock because i didnt want to get some other phone i wasn't happy with. she told me i'd get a tp2 or equivalent. i made it sound like i really loved my phone but was tired of the issues.

note: when i called assurion i had already went into the sprint store had them look at my phone issue a replacement ticket and then instead of going back to the store i called assurion.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sleepyha is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
I was sent an arrive as replacement for TP2, however, I refused after I was told I had to pay $ 10 dollar charge. After talking with retentions I was informed that I would'nt have to pay the data charge because the repair center upgraded my phone to the arrive. I still refused phone thou due to lack of 4G, Wifi teth, No mem card etc..
yea, they got me for the $10 bucks. BUT after playing with the phone i realize why. it's always connected to SOMETHING online. the people hub syncs regularly, music hub displays artist pictures from some online source when you play music. email send and receive schedule gives the option of IMMEDIATE delivery instead of a 5 minute option. the data usage HAS to be considerably higher on this thing than on the tp2. not to mention we can actually STREAM netflix from this thing unlike on the tp2 where we were just able to adjust our instant ques.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sleepyha is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
I was sent an arrive as replacement for TP2, however, I refused after I was told I had to pay $ 10 dollar charge. After talking with retentions I was informed that I would'nt have to pay the data charge because the repair center upgraded my phone to the arrive. I still refused phone thou due to lack of 4G, Wifi teth, No mem card etc..
there's no memory card slot BUT there IS a memory card in there.... it's a 16GB micro SD

see the link below..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-arrive...sassembly.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyha View Post
yea, they got me for the $10 bucks. BUT after playing with the phone i realize why. it's always connected to SOMETHING online. the people hub syncs regularly, music hub displays artist pictures from some online source when you play music. email send and receive schedule gives the option of IMMEDIATE delivery instead of a 5 minute option. the data usage HAS to be considerably higher on this thing than on the tp2. not to mention we can actually STREAM netflix from this thing unlike on the tp2 where we were just able to adjust our instant ques.
@sleepyha yea I remember when I had my tp2 I would barely use 1GB of data, now I'm always around 3 to 5 with my arrive. Now that I switched to t-mobile because I couldn't stand the slow speeds anymore I have to try to stay under 5GB unless I want to get throttled.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@sleepyha yea I remember when I had my tp2 I would barely use 1GB of data, now I'm always around 3 to 5 with my arrive. Now that I switched to t-mobile because I couldn't stand the slow speeds anymore I have to try to stay under 5GB unless I want to get throttled.
Is Sprint speeds really that bad?
Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff

Quote:
there's no memory card slot BUT there IS a memory card in there.... it's a 16GB micro SD

see the link below..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-arrive...sassembly.html
I"m aware of this, however, I prefer the removable option.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
The Sprint rep said there's a code to allow users that was grandfathered in before $10 charge became applicable to not be subject if the phone is upgraded through warranty exchange. I was even provided an e-mail with confirmation as well as the notes invoice ID # to reference if I had taken the Arrive.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
assurion, sprint, tp2