PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   anyone know if assurion is still giving out replacement tp2s?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147786)

sleepyha 10-30-2011 11:59 AM

anyone know if assurion is still giving out replacement tp2s??

i've been holding on to mine waiting patiently for assurion to run out of em. nothing worse than getting a refurb. i usually wait until assurion stops carrying my phone to send mine back and i usually wind up with the newer model. my tp2 is done! 3.5 jack is screwed up.. keypad is screwey... backlight refuses to cooperate.

someone please tell me they've finally run out of these things.

:protest:](*,)

GalDemSuga 10-30-2011 04:15 PM

Re: anyone know if assurion is still giving out replacement tp2s??

nope they still got them:mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyha (Post 2153208)
i've been holding on to mine waiting patiently for assurion to run out of em. nothing worse than getting a refurb. i usually wait until assurion stops carrying my phone to send mine back and i usually wind up with the newer model. my tp2 is done! 3.5 jack is screwed up.. keypad is screwey... backlight refuses to cooperate.

someone please tell me they've finally run out of these things.

:protest:](*,)

Recursion 10-31-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalDemSuga (Post 2153235)
nope they still got them:mrgreen:

and hit or miss with whether they're in good shape. it took me until the 4th to get a good one. oh wait, they've been bugging me to return my old one sent back 4 weeks prior. we'll see what happens.

sleepyha 10-31-2011 09:29 PM

you cant be serious!!!! did they over stock these things??? why do they still have them??? ](*,) Recursion, keep us posted.

i guess i'll be holding on to mine a lil longer. i'd hate to get a refurb. no guarantee the refurb will be in better shape than mine.

eric12341 11-01-2011 02:28 PM

Well @MizzPrincezz recently got an arrive as a replacement for her tp2 while others such as @DaveTN weren't as lucky.

matchstickredgti 11-02-2011 03:11 PM

What?! I would totally swap mine for an Arrive if that's the case. My U button isn't working so I guess that's reason to replace. I got this one from Asurion back in August, it's a refurb :(

yankees45us 11-02-2011 10:08 PM

The arrive is a nice replacement for the tp2. I tried the arrive before the mango update and I really liked it. With the mango update the phone should be awesome. I just have everything with Google right now so Android is my number 1 pick. But the arrive is definitely not a bad replacement for the tp2. If only the evo design had a keyboard it would be a nice trade off too since it's also a world phone.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

sleepyha 11-12-2011 08:03 PM

follow up:

my replacement got here yesterday. not another tp2. i got an arrive.
totally not what i was expecting. no more active sync. it's all zune. so after abt an hour of playing with it and trying to figure out this contraption.. it's not bad. much faster than my tp2. i'm happy-ish. though i miss file explorer. not a bad replacement at all.

fixxxer2012 11-12-2011 09:23 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.145728) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Good luck.

gjhuff 11-12-2011 09:42 PM

Is there a file explorer for WP 7 in its' App store?