PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 03:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: MTN

Jonathan at Design is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas.

This is the weirdest thing that has possibly ever happened to me. I've had my HTC Touch Pro 2 for almost a year and a half now and this has never happened to me until recently.

My touch screen works perfectly, has a good response time and I am happy with it. However when ever I get to work at any time of day or around the area that i work, the touch screen just stops working. I cannot open anything with the screen. My hardware keys work perfectly, it is just my touch screen that stops working. And when I go home after work, my screen somehow starts working again.

I have searched the internet and have never come across this. This is the weirdest thing ever. Can someone please help me.

Regards
Jonathan
Old 10-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Where do you work?
I'm gonna say that something at your workplace or near it is causing some sort of interference that causes your screen to malfunction.
I'm not sure you can do much other than try to shield or isolate your device from the interference. Seems like if you did though I bet you would loose cellular connection as well.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Where do you work?
I'm gonna say that something at your workplace or near it is causing some sort of interference that causes your screen to malfunction.
I'm not sure you can do much other than try to shield or isolate your device from the interference. Seems like if you did though I bet you would loose cellular connection as well.
I know it seems weird, But it really it only doesn't work in my work place. I work in an office block.

Do you know of anything that could be causing this? I mean what could interfere with a screen? It doesn't run off a frequency or anything...... I am really confused as to what could be happening.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan at Design
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Where do you work?
I know it seems weird, But it really it only doesn't work in my work place. I work in an office block.

Do you know of anything that could be causing this? I mean what could interfere with a screen? It doesn't run off a frequency or anything...... I am really confused as to what could be happening.
I don't really know what could be causing your problem. My guess is that there is something nearby that is creating a strong magnetic field that is disrupting the operation of your touchscreen. All electronic devices operate at certain frequencies and those frequencies can be interfered with.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:31 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Horny, you are wrong dude. He simply needs to change job
yeah that is some weird isht, try another touch screen phone where you at, could be your TP2 is flipping out
Old 11-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBOOT View Post
Horny, you are wrong dude. He simply needs to change job
yeah that is some weird isht, try another touch screen phone where you at, could be your TP2 is flipping out
It is definitely just my TP2. My iPad works fine, My blackberry Bold 9970 or what ever its called (the Bold with Touch and type), My colleges iPhone, an HTC TYTN 2. All work except my TP2 at work.

Changing jobs in not an option Hahaha
Old 11-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Do you have a radical temperature change at work? RF interference? Try driving to an area with alot of RF signals and see how it reacts, if it reacts to temp change your digitizer could be on its way out.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Do you have a radical temperature change at work? RF interference? Try driving to an area with alot of RF signals and see how it reacts, if it reacts to temp change your digitizer could be on its way out.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
Thanks for the help. I will try this and see what happens. Cause really its such a nice phone for business and this happens.

But if you find out anything more that could be effecting it let me know.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

That is most definitely not normal, I would consider taking it into sprint to get looked at.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

after reading posts and discussions for days now about the tp2, it seems the non-responsive screen problem isnt totally unusual...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc, screen not working, touch pro 2, windows mobile