PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147719)

Jonathan at Design 10-27-2011 03:04 AM

My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas.

This is the weirdest thing that has possibly ever happened to me. I've had my HTC Touch Pro 2 for almost a year and a half now and this has never happened to me until recently.

My touch screen works perfectly, has a good response time and I am happy with it. However when ever I get to work at any time of day or around the area that i work, the touch screen just stops working. I cannot open anything with the screen. My hardware keys work perfectly, it is just my touch screen that stops working. And when I go home after work, my screen somehow starts working again.

I have searched the internet and have never come across this. This is the weirdest thing ever. Can someone please help me.

Regards
Jonathan

horndoctor 10-27-2011 05:59 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Where do you work?
I'm gonna say that something at your workplace or near it is causing some sort of interference that causes your screen to malfunction.
I'm not sure you can do much other than try to shield or isolate your device from the interference. Seems like if you did though I bet you would loose cellular connection as well.

Jonathan at Design 10-28-2011 02:28 AM

Re: My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2152747)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Where do you work?
I'm gonna say that something at your workplace or near it is causing some sort of interference that causes your screen to malfunction.
I'm not sure you can do much other than try to shield or isolate your device from the interference. Seems like if you did though I bet you would loose cellular connection as well.

I know it seems weird, But it really it only doesn't work in my work place. I work in an office block.

Do you know of anything that could be causing this? I mean what could interfere with a screen? It doesn't run off a frequency or anything...... I am really confused as to what could be happening.

horndoctor 10-30-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan at Design
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2152747)

Where do you work?

I know it seems weird, But it really it only doesn't work in my work place. I work in an office block.

Do you know of anything that could be causing this? I mean what could interfere with a screen? It doesn't run off a frequency or anything...... I am really confused as to what could be happening.

I don't really know what could be causing your problem. My guess is that there is something nearby that is creating a strong magnetic field that is disrupting the operation of your touchscreen. All electronic devices operate at certain frequencies and those frequencies can be interfered with.

HBOOT 11-01-2011 04:31 AM

Horny, you are wrong dude. He simply needs to change job:mrgreen:
yeah that is some weird isht, try another touch screen phone where you at, could be your TP2 is flipping out

Jonathan at Design 11-02-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBOOT (Post 2153491)
Horny, you are wrong dude. He simply needs to change job:mrgreen:
yeah that is some weird isht, try another touch screen phone where you at, could be your TP2 is flipping out

It is definitely just my TP2. My iPad works fine, My blackberry Bold 9970 or what ever its called (the Bold with Touch and type), My colleges iPhone, an HTC TYTN 2. All work except my TP2 at work.

Changing jobs in not an option :silent: Hahaha

Sc/ant864 11-02-2011 08:34 AM

Do you have a radical temperature change at work? RF interference? Try driving to an area with alot of RF signals and see how it reacts, if it reacts to temp change your digitizer could be on its way out.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

Jonathan at Design 11-03-2011 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2153658)
Do you have a radical temperature change at work? RF interference? Try driving to an area with alot of RF signals and see how it reacts, if it reacts to temp change your digitizer could be on its way out.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

Thanks for the help. I will try this and see what happens. Cause really its such a nice phone for business and this happens.](*,)

But if you find out anything more that could be effecting it let me know.

eric12341 11-03-2011 03:26 PM

That is most definitely not normal, I would consider taking it into sprint to get looked at.

resinis 11-03-2011 05:11 PM

after reading posts and discussions for days now about the tp2, it seems the non-responsive screen problem isnt totally unusual...