PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147719)

Jonathan at Design 11-04-2011 01:58 AM

Re: My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by resinis (Post 2153912)
after reading posts and discussions for days now about the tp2, it seems the non-responsive screen problem isnt totally unusual...

Yeah it isn't. but my case is very rare it seems and no one seems to have a definite answer to give me and a way to fix it.

Sc/ant864 11-04-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan at Design (Post 2153978)
Yeah it isn't. but my case is very rare it seems and no one seems to have a definite answer to give me and a way to fix it.

A quick question....are you using anything at work that you don't normally use at home? Physical keyboard, BT, wifi, tethering, etc.?

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

horndoctor 11-04-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan at Design (Post 2153978)

Umm...I gave you an answer and a suggestion. :)
Basically, if your device works fine away from your work area then like I said before something in your work area is causing your issue and it's not necessarily your device. So like I said, you should try to isolate your device from any interference and see if it works properly. I doubt there is an absolute definite answer to fix your issue. You'll just have to troubleshoot and try some things to try to minimize any magnetic or radio interference.

Jonathan at Design 11-07-2011 02:06 AM

I'm so over trying to isolate frequencies from my phone, its too much work then its worth. bought a blackberry and gave the phone to one of my agents that works for one of my other companies.

Oh and thanks for trying to help all.

Sc/ant864 11-07-2011 11:01 AM

Since you're a businessman the BB was a good choice since the TP2 was a bust. I noticed you have "design" in your screenname do you use alot of plotting printers?

Jonathan at Design 11-08-2011 03:19 AM

We just have one.

Its not the kind of design you think of. We design and program robots for the production lines for cars.

Sc/ant864 11-08-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan at Design (Post 2154607)
We just have one.

Its not the kind of design you think of. We design and program robots for the production lines for cars.

I wasn't as far off as you think, I was guessing CAD which I'm sure you use. I'm betting the interference was from something you're working on that isn't FCC compliant yet. I'm sure you're aware that the servo motors on those things are ultra high torque and emit magnetic fields and pulses.

Jonathan at Design 11-09-2011 03:41 AM

If that were so, Why has it only happened recently and not for the 1 and a half years I've had the phone for? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Sc/ant864 11-09-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan at Design (Post 2154779)
If that were so, Why has it only happened recently and not for the 1 and a half years I've had the phone for? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Good point, and I guess it doesn't really matter since you seem to be doing good with your BB.

elesbb 11-09-2011 05:02 PM

I understand frequencies would affect things such signal but how in the heck would or could it affect something like screen input ? that's hardware , no frequencies are being sent between the digitizer and LCD that's all pressure related ..