PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147719)

Sc/ant864 11-09-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2154887)
I understand frequencies would affect things such signal but how in the heck would or could it affect something like screen input ? that's hardware , no frequencies are being sent between the digitizer and LCD that's all pressure related ..

Easy, I'll use a EMP as an example, when an EMP is used it fries the circuit of the hardware not affecting software therefore it's safe to say any hardware of any electronic device is subject to alteration/destruction by magnetics if they are strong enough.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

elesbb 11-09-2011 11:17 PM

Re: My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2154926)
Easy, I'll use a EMP as an example, when an EMP is used it fries the circuit of the hardware not affecting software therefore it's safe to say any hardware of any electronic device is subject to alteration/destruction by magnetics if they are strong enough.

well an EMP would render a device completely useless , forever , not keep the screen from working .. Plus anything close to that is only in prototype mode .

Sc/ant864 11-10-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2154946)
well an EMP would render a device completely useless , forever , not keep the screen from working .. Plus anything close to that is only in prototype mode .

What are you talking about? EMP exist in nature and nuclear arms emit an EMP also. And I said EMP as an example. The effect of electromagnetism(servo motor of a assembly robot) on electronics can depend on many factors(harmonics,intensity,etc.) and display numerous behaviors on said device. What do you think shielding is for? It's not just for radio interference.

Jonathan at Design 11-10-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2154887)
I understand frequencies would affect things such signal but how in the heck would or could it affect something like screen input ? that's hardware , no frequencies are being sent between the digitizer and LCD that's all pressure related ..

If its pressure related, how would it work anywhere except in my office?

horndoctor 11-10-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2154926)

LOL!
This is basically what I was referring to when I initially responded to the OP but I didn't want to go into the details as you have. ;) I didn't want to open up the can of worms.
If we keep trying to figure this out this thread could continue indefinitely! :toothy10:

Sc/ant864 11-10-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2155123)
LOL!
This is basically what I was referring to when I initially responded to the OP but I didn't want to go into the details as you have. ;) I didn't want to open up the can of worms.
If we keep trying to figure this out this thread could continue indefinitely! :toothy10:

Yep and that is why I kept asking questions and low and behold the guy makes frigging robots...have you ever witnessed one of those things in action in person? I have, my childhood best friend's father built them in a small shop he owned. Imagine if you will a 800 pound chunk of aluminum, steel and titanium whipping around faster than your eye can follow abruptly stopping with pinpoint accuracy. The motors required for this are so powerful its amazing and the more powerful a motor the larger the magnetic field.

horndoctor 11-11-2011 02:11 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2155123)
LOL!

Yep and that is why I kept asking questions and low and behold the guy makes frigging robots...have you ever witnessed one of those things in action in person? I have, my childhood best friend's father built them in a small shop he owned. Imagine if you will a 800 pound chunk of aluminum, steel and titanium whipping around faster than your eye can follow abruptly stopping with pinpoint accuracy. The motors required for this are so powerful its amazing and the more powerful a motor the larger the magnetic field.

Sounds pretty cool...but dangerous! lol!
I think I'd be wearing some protective gear including a cup. lmao!
:evil4:

Jonathan at Design 11-11-2011 02:37 AM

I don't build the robots.... LOL I passed that ages ago when the company got bigger. Now you get people to do it for you. If only we could change the name of this thread called Cool Robots 'n sh....

jjennings2510 11-13-2011 09:59 PM

Very weird. I am an electrician and you know what? My phone started doing something similar...during the day it was hit or miss on whether or not it would work...but at home after a couple of hours it would work again.....unfortunately after a couple of weeks of that my digitizer went out completely......wouldn't work anywhere.....just weird how these things work out....but your digitizer is probably going out....major problem with this phone for some reason.....I went thru 4 TP2 phones....but I loved it...even tho WM6.5 is close to outdated now the phone had a lot of features not to mention the ability to dual boot with android...one of the only reasons I kept getting it replaced....but after this last time i just went with the EVO....temporarily until I can save up for the Galaxy S2...(i hate contracts so I will pay full price) sorry to blab off subject....if I were you I would make sure I had a backup phone handy. Nonetheless I will miss my TP2. I actually just deactivated last night when the EVO arrived...........

eric12341 11-14-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjennings2510 (Post 2155486)
Very weird. I am an electrician and you know what? My phone started doing something similar...during the day it was hit or miss on whether or not it would work...but at home after a couple of hours it would work again.....unfortunately after a couple of weeks of that my digitizer went out completely......wouldn't work anywhere.....just weird how these things work out....but your digitizer is probably going out....major problem with this phone for some reason.....I went thru 4 TP2 phones....but I loved it...even tho WM6.5 is close to outdated now the phone had a lot of features not to mention the ability to dual boot with android...one of the only reasons I kept getting it replaced....but after this last time i just went with the EVO....temporarily until I can save up for the Galaxy S2...(i hate contracts so I will pay full price) sorry to blab off subject....if I were you I would make sure I had a backup phone handy. Nonetheless I will miss my TP2. I actually just deactivated last night when the EVO arrived...........

@jjennings2510 I still have my TP2, currently retired but it still works perfectly. Kudos to the hating contracts part, i never thought i would hate my contract with sprint right now as im currently trying to get out of it because of the slow speeds and how they are really affecting the enjoyment of my arrive and my productivity in general.