PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Still Loves Their TP2?

Still love mine! Bought it on eBay new and activated it more than a year ago. I run stock 6.5 with Cookie's Home Tab 2.0. Yeah, it's sluggish, and I have to reset it a couple times a day...but for a business user, it does what I need.

Looked at the Evo when it came out, but resisted.

Looked at the Evo 3D, but resisted.

Looking at Samsung Epic 4G Touch, but will probably resist that as well.

Not sold on Android, and not sure about WM7. Need to connect to Outlook for calendar, contacts and tasks. Dropped it once or twice, but it still looks great and it just works! I keep it in a belt holster, nice and snug.

Hope I didn't jinx myself, but I'll keep it running for a while longer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work

Mine isn't quite as old as some on here. After my Moment, I got my Hero, flashed the hell out of that, then gave it to the kid. Then I bought mine used with a clean ESN. Looked like it got about average by the guy I got it from. It gets used and abused pretty good by me. I've occasionally felt it in my side pocket smack up against a hospital bed or power wheelchair while I'm crawling around to work on them.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
same here ! I tend to forget its on my lap and will forget the effect gravity has when I stand up ^-^ especially when I get out of the car !
in my case it usually happened when I was usb tethering..I would pick up the laptop forgetting that its connected which then is followed by the "catapult effect"..nothing like seeing your phone shot half way across the room onto the floor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
btw @Tinkerbell , I hate you , 5xxx rep ! that's almost as much as @horndoctor ! and and and HE'S A SUUUPER GEEENIUS !!!!!! :O
No matter what you do, do not look straight at Darren's rep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsturniolo View Post
Need to connect to Outlook for calendar, contacts and tasks. Dropped it once or twice, but it still looks great and it just works! I keep it in a belt holster, nice and snug.

Android has outlook sync via 3rd party software..calendar, contacts and tasks

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 09-21-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsturniolo View Post
Still love mine! Bought it on eBay new and activated it more than a year ago. I run stock 6.5 with Cookie's Home Tab 2.0. Yeah, it's sluggish, and I have to reset it a couple times a day...but for a business user, it does what I need.

Looked at the Evo when it came out, but resisted.

Looked at the Evo 3D, but resisted.

Looking at Samsung Epic 4G Touch, but will probably resist that as well.

Not sold on Android, and not sure about WM7. Need to connect to Outlook for calendar, contacts and tasks. Dropped it once or twice, but it still looks great and it just works! I keep it in a belt holster, nice and snug.

WP7 can sync with outlook via a hotmail-outlook connector or if u sync with an exchange server that can sync with both outlook and wp7. and there's also a utility out that will allow file system access via PC.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

southernSTYLE is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I upgraded to the Evo Shift about 6 months ago, even though I love my Shift, I miss my huge keyboard with the auto slide in out and the serious amount of customization there was. I still have my TP2 laying around, but for some reason can't get it to boot up android anymore, but I do miss it. I also had to go to another forum which was sad. I wish they would have just taken the TP2 and upgraded it and put it on Android.

edit: forgot to answer the question.. I do still love my TP2
Old 09-21-2011, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I still love my TP2 and it still looks brand new (well protected)....I looked at the Evo, Evo 3D, Shift, Epic and not impressed. My TP2 is over clocked to 748MHZ (Wimospeed) and it's fast. My stepson has the HTC Inspire (AT&T) and often we race each other who can bring up nytimes.com faster....and he is running 4G and mine is just a tet bit behind his....not bad. I have everything I need on my TP2 and still happy.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

This thread is great for bringing all the TP2 users out into the open!! Good job Horndoctor!! =]=]

Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
This thread is great for bringing all the TP2 users out into the open!! Good job Horndoctor!! =]=]
Thanks, that was my intention.

Thanks again to all who have told their story so far! I had a feeling that there might be many out there that might not post much and I hoped this topic might encourage them to sound off.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

fsturniolo is just getting started

What's interesting to me is the activity that's still here on the TP2 forum. I've considered other phones, and monitor their forums from time to time to see what's happening. And those forums seem dead. I remarked on an Evo 3D forum that I didn't see much buzz going on.

I'm sticking with my TP2 for now. Excuse me...I need to reset it again!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

TP2 rocks ! nuff said !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2