PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Still Loves Their TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
TP2 rocks ! nuff said !
yea indeed it does. it certainly served me well,now my arrive is carrying on its legacy. its only a matter of time before the TP2 bashers get into this thread.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Loving mine here. IphoneToday makes the 6.5 stock run well. Had it almost 2 years and still finding new capabilities. Just the other day I noticed that with the email client I can search the 8 years of email on my exchange server fast and accurate. Sweet! At time the phone shows a little age but all in all it will take something really special to get this out of my hands. Bought the mongo extended battery and go 2 days of hard use easy...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Nice post rbyham!! Glad you are still getting use out of your device there. Yes, I have an extended battery as well! I switch between the stock and the extended depending on what I am going to be doing on a particular day!!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

CarlL is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have said this before. There is no other phone in the Sprint lineup that can do what the TP2 can. My phone is unlocked and has a pay only as you use it SIM card in it from my little long distance telephone company. With the phone set on global, I can travel almost anywhere and just make phone calls.

Cleaned out the junk that I don't use, added the extras that I do, overclocked to remove some of the sluggishness and its a great phone.

I like using one device that I am familiar with, instead of having to rent something for overseas use. What I really like is my $25 a month cost for the plan.

Very, very few problems with the phone since I got it and they were handled while I wait at my local Sprint store. Great manager and repair tech. Have never even been charged for a repair! Some problems with gaps in the Sprint coverage (Northern Minn. and Alaska).

For me, Sprint and this phone have been excellent
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
I love my TP2, it's the best phone you can legally put on Boost, it was way ahead of it's time hardware, software and screen resolution -wise. Now with FRX07 it's like a whole new device and it works just as well as my friend's VM OV plus I have shrinkage while he's stuck with paying the same price and now has data caps. If you plan to go to Boost I cannot recommend it enough.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Well, I'm still using mine for about two years now. It does everything I need and the keyboards....priceless. I'll stick with it until I see a WM7 phone with a keyboard that is as good and has a front facing camera. Faster processor of course. Heck, I'd even stick with WM6.5 if I could get the hardware I'd like. The TP2 is the best phone I've ever had. Everything I want to do with it I can. I'll go down fighting with it and since it appears that Verizon is not keen on having alot of WM7 phones, seems I'll have it much longer.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea indeed it does. it certainly served me well,now my arrive is carrying on its legacy. its only a matter of time before the TP2 bashers get into this thread.
Nope, noboby going to bash the tp2 in this thread, at least I won't let them. lol. We have enough comparison threads and off topic threads for that stuff. This thread is all about what's good. Refreshing to hear people's perspective imo
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Here's another thing I miss about my tp2. Better battery life. I could use that puppy and get through the work day with 70-75% battery with moderate usage. I'm usally sitting at 50% now with the Evo. Of course thanks to Mightymike, X and Vinny and others for lights out roms

edit: thanks aqualls. Noticed you mentioned battery life as well.

Last edited by Riley; 09-24-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

havieri23 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
I love my TP2, it's the best phone you can legally put on Boost, it was way ahead of it's time hardware, software and screen resolution -wise. Now with FRX07 it's like a whole new device and it works just as well as my friend's VM OV plus I have shrinkage while he's stuck with paying the same price and now has data caps. If you plan to go to Boost I cannot recommend it enough.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
love the tp2 keyboard. i couldn't get frx07 to run fast enough for useability...even with caulkin rom 6.1...how was you able to do that?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

and for me it just keps getting better. installed wimospeed and overclocked this week. everything running very zippy and stable at 691... wow! this phone was way ahead of its time 2 years ago... i am always on alert for bigger screen but wont jump if it cannot give me the same performance and capability as my 2 year old TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2