PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TEP in store replacement question

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
which is dumb , im on my third replacement , now this is through asurion . which i hate btw . anyhow , my first one i threw on accident causing the screen to break , so i ordered a new one via TEP after paying the 100 dollars they send me a POS one that wouldnt even charge , as you said i also use my TP2 as my alarm , well when it doesnt charge over night you wake up to a dead phone . so yeah called them got another , this too had USB mini port issues , it charged , well at least better then the first , but it wouldnt connect via activesync or Bootloader for shit and the start menu key was goofy , didnt really "click" . so i called again demanding i get a NIB , well i got my third TP2 in a matter of one month , this has a working USB FINALLY . well i go through the entire phone (hardware wise) and found the the end key doesnt work at all . gotta mash the button in . so yeah . i hate you for getting so lucky . i dont mind a refurb , but god people at least go over the phone before you send it to a customer .
FWIW: I dealt with a corporate sprint store/service center (big difference between corporate stores and the licensed stores when it comes to dealing with phone repairs)
Still, I dont think I was a lucky exception, Asurion is a 3rd party company that replaces phones in the event where yours is lost or damaged. they really shouldnt be considered a warranty company. I could see them not wanting to swap you into a different phone because they still break even; where Sprint may have already had an analyst crunch numbers and figure it would be cheaper to replace the phone model, rather than you costing them further employee time.

BTW: I should mention that I have TEP, which could be why I didnt deal with so much BS; like the rest of you are experiencing.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
BTW: I should mention that I have TEP, which could be why I didnt deal with so much BS; like the rest of you are experiencing.
Yeah, thats what I have but things haven't been working out so good for me. Its like they just dont care at all. From a numbers standpoint if I walk, its their gain becasue I'm on a lower cost plan with unlimited data and if I stay, its their gain because I'll eventually have to buy a new phone and upgrade to a more expensive plan. win-win for them and they dont give an oversized pile of fecal material about me.

The best thing for me to do is cut my losses and move on once my ETF period runs out.

David
Old 09-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Yeah, thats what I have but things haven't been working out so good for me. Its like they just dont care at all. From a numbers standpoint if I walk, its their gain becasue I'm on a lower cost plan with unlimited data and if I stay, its their gain because I'll eventually have to buy a new phone and upgrade to a more expensive plan. win-win for them and they dont give an oversized pile of fecal material about me.

The best thing for me to do is cut my losses and move on once my ETF period runs out.

David
wait, so you are only staying on the TP2 because you dont want to pay the $40/mnth for the Sero Premium? or are they telling you it isnt possible on SP at all?
Pardon my ignorance, I really didnt catch your story

Last edited by Aleki; 09-13-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
wait, so you are only staying on the TP2 because you dont want to pay the $40/mnth for the Sero Premium? or are they telling you it isnt possible on SP at all?
Pardon my ignorance, I really didnt catch your story
They told me that the ONLY way that I could change plans was if I go up in cost to the family data share plan.

My son has a friend that is a manager at a local sprint store that said he had no problem doing an EPRP referral but Sprint refused to allow me to do it. Even if I canceled my current plan and paid the ETF's they still won't let me do it.

I've been with them for 15 years and my account has been in perfect standing since day one. I just don't get it. It's like someone put ao comment on my account that says "this guy's an A$$" that shows up anytime they log on.

David
Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

lol

i think sprint should give us access to read all our account notes, i would have ball to read what sprint reps note about me

Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
lol

i think sprint should give us access to read all our account notes, i would have ball to read what sprint reps note about me

Yeah, I've been VERY careful with what I say to them and how I say it. Theres been lots of times recently that I could detect the frustration coming from them but I was just as calm and polite as ever.

David
Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Yeah, I've been VERY careful with what I say to them and how I say it. Theres been lots of times recently that I could detect the frustration coming from them but I was just as calm and polite as ever.

David

yeah i personally love sprint i always go to the store to talk to them never call them . but as far as asurion , they can shove it .
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

ericcire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I love my TP2, and my TEP plan... on my 20+ TP2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2