PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2/SPRINT Days are Over

Got a call this morning that my replacement arrived today and I could gome pick it up and guess what.....

Yep, bad screen. Although there were no blue spots on this one, the rainbow blotch/oil slick under the glass is much worse than the previous phone.

But, I'm not going to make a big deal about it. This whole ordeal has been a total waste of my time and while Sprint has replaced the phone whenever there was a problem, it is painfully obvious that their standards are not up to mine as far as their refurbs/replacements go.

I know I'm only a molecule in the bucket to Sprint and my leaving will have very little impact at all but I will move on to Big Red when my contract is up in a few months. My daughter has a very nicely discounted corporate plan that she's going to add my wife and I to so as long as my TP2 carries me to that day then I'll be happy.

Its sad becasue a few years ago all I had to do was call retentions and they would bend over backwards to help out and keep a customer. Now its just plain "no" and IMHO rather than continuing to be an leader and innovator in wireless technology, they just want to follow all the rest. Sad, very sad.

David
Old 09-23-2011, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I may be following you in the not to distant future. I'll talk to retentions first, of course, but if I get the run around...I'll just leave. Verizon will be more expensive for me...2 daughters and myself on a data plan (luckily my wife doesn't need it)...but at least their service is actually better in most of the areas I need. It's just freakin expensive for a family plan with 4 lines. I've had car payments that were less.

Sorry it's come to this for you DaveTN. If that's the kind of product we get for our protection plan, We'd have better luck buying a used phone on ebay or craig's list.

Good luck to you!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that, but it's obvious that Sprint doesn't think you'll leave.... I think you should call their bluff.

Sent from The Syndicate using my HTC HD7
Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

This is just absolutely reficulous!! I've not had the phone but more than a couple hours and it locks up and gives me a confetti looking screen! Never seen or heard of it before so I took a picture of it.

I dis a soft reset and less than 15 minutes later it did it again. One thing I dod notice about this one is that the power button seemed like it was "sluggish". I'd press it and a couple seconds later the phone would come on.

The good news is that they hadn't mailed back my other phone so they swapped it back for me and now I'm waiting on Lucky 7.

Heres a picture of the confetti screen:

David
Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I know it would hurt to spend money on a replacement, but considering all you've been through it might be worth it to check out ebay. Just there, and they've got a few worth looking at: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Black Sprint Smartphone | eBay
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsturniolo View Post
I know it would hurt to spend money on a replacement, but considering all you've been through it might be worth it to check out ebay. Just there, and they've got a few worth looking at: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Black Sprint Smartphone | eBay
@fsturniolo

Thanks man. Yeah, I had looked at that option early on after the second replacement but being a full time grad student and living off my wife's income put the brakes on for that. Plus, I'll more than likely be getting someone elses headache as well. I'm pretty sure I'll be selling my TP2 on ebay - which is one of the reasons I want one that works as close to perfect as possible - after I leave sprint.

It's become more or less a matter of principle now in that Sprint has apparently lowered their standards on their replacement phones and IMHO are doing anything they can to get people to switch from the "older" (and significantly less expensive) unlimited plans to the newer, much more expensive plans. I pay my monthly TEP fee which is supposed to cover me for repair or replacement, yet every replacement they send is worse than the previous one. And, they keep assuring me that I will get a "perfect phone" that I will be happy with. Well, they are no 0/7 so the odds are in favor that the next one is going to be a POS as well.

To add to that, every level of customer support that I've been through has told me that in order to get a newer phone, I must switch to a newer unlimited plan. I disagree. I'm on an unlimited plan and I'm in an area that does not have 4G, so why pay? I've told them that I'm willing to pay the $10.00 premium data, but not the $70.00+ more per month that it will cost just to have the SAME service I have now. Its corporate bullying and greed at its best. They'll do anything to drag you in but very little to keep you - like dropping the Sprint Premier and increasing upgrade activations by 100%

At this point my ETF's for my 4 phones are still close to 300.00 (prorated) so I have to unwillingly stick it out a bit more.

Its really frustrating because all I've asked them for is a phone that works as its supposed, is reliable, and meets the "100% satisfied" that I've been told so many times.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel a little better now....

David
Old 09-24-2011, 02:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Your gonna have to wait for 10 replacements then you can start valuing your options :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea its getting close to that,however I don't think VZ will be much better, this one guy on this forum had 12 TP replacements and they still didn't do anything, there's also data caps to be tended with as well.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

yeah ill never go back to vzw ever . Unless I can get what I do with sprint . For those who are hurting from the poor replacements , just fix things yourself its much easier than you are probably thinking many people have already torn apart their tp2 on youtube so just watch them . But now that I fixed my tp2 and everythings working again , im in love and even better yet , since I dropped ASSurion I now pay 8 dollars less a month its so not worth having the insurance on these phones .
Old 09-24-2011, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey guys, why not just go to craigslist and search for a TP2 there? I got my Sprint HTC TP2 from craigslist for $60 last month, and when i checked its life timer by dialing ##786#, it said 3k talk time, 1.5Gb of data usage. Now that is what you call a good deal.... Came with a clean screen protector(not Chinese made) usb cable, wall charger and he even threw in some HTC mini usb earphones that go with the phone!
Search craigslist or ebay and forget this warranty stuff!

Oh yeah... he told me he was from ppcgeeks... Thanks steven!

Last edited by gera229; 09-24-2011 at 06:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2