PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync Issue: TP2 WM6.5 - Activesync 4.5 - MSO-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
there will be no conflict if he removes the associations.

I'm guessing activesync may not work with office 2010, especially because 2010 handles pst files differently.

wmdc on windows 7 definitely works with outlook 2010 sync. I dont think activesync has been updated for a long time.
OMG WOW you actually posted something helpful, im surprised. when I saw your name at this thread I thought it was gonna be your usual idioteces but nope. so you got a thanks for that.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well, if your device will sync with another computer running the same software then it seems that the issue is caused by the first pc and not your device. It sounds like you have some sort of conflict on that pc that does not let outlook install properly. I don't know what that would be.
I would backup the outlook files you want to sync to cds or dvds and then completely uninstall Office 2010 and Activesync. Then run a utility like Ccleaner(free) to remove any remnants including running the registry tool to remove any leftover keys or values. Then after a reboot reinstall Office 2010 and Activesync. Then delete the Activesync partnership on your TP2. Then after soft resetting TP2 hookup your TP2 to your PC and recreate the partnership and sync. Then unhook your TP2 from your computer. Then replace those Outlook backup files on your PC using the cd/dvds you made. Then reboot PC. Then after boot check and see if the files you installed are there on your PC. Then hook your TP2 up and resync. That should work.
there will be no conflict if he removes the associations.

I'm guessing activesync may not work with office 2010, especially because 2010 handles pst files differently.

wmdc on windows 7 definitely works with outlook 2010 sync. I dont think activesync has been updated for a long time.
Did you read the last paragraph of the OP's last post?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Robodoc82 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just a quick note. I've been using Win XP with MSO 2010 and Activesync for months with no problems. No incompatibility between MSO 2010 and AS. Both Outlook 2010 and my TP2 sync with an exchange server account. No problem.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Spey is a n00b

horndoctor,
I really appreciate the attention to your post with regard to reading what I have already posted related to my issue(s) THANK YOU. Very much appears to me to be an issue related to the MSO-2010 installations association file(s) that ActiveSync needs to see. Previous remove/reinstalls of MSO-2010 did not solve my issue (but I really had felt that I was not getting everything during the MSO removal).

I am somewhat familiar with CCleaner and using the registry cleaner (currently running v3.06.1433). Could you please delineate the removal process steps you would suggest I use this next time; i.e. Add/Remove from Windows, MSO Removal Utility or CCleaner Removal Utility, etc. then the specific step(s) to finish the cleanup i.e. CCleaner Registry Cleaner and/or …

I would assume the same set of steps related to AS-4.5 removal and reinstall would also apply.

Here’s the first few lines of typical AS-Log.txt illustrating the issue I have mentioned related to ActiveSync not recognizing MSO-2010:

ActiveSync Troubleshooting Utility version: 4.5.5096.0
Date/Time: 2011/02/28-16:28:42.010
Analysis started
Operating system has been qualified as Windows XP (Home or Professional) SP1 or greater
Current operating system is supported
Current version of IE is supported
ActiveSync version found is 4.5.5096
Outlook 0 found
To synchronize e-mail, calendar appointments, and contacts with your PC, Microsoft Outlook XP (or later) must be installed
Exchange server not found in Outlook profile
Connection to Exchange server okay
PC is not qualified
SerialUSB driver has been detected.

If the ASLog.txt fileinfo above provides alternate potential solution to laborious removal/reinstallation of MSO, ActiveSync, etc., I would appreciate your thoughts. I will try to attach a full ASLog.txt file to this message (sorry forum limited to 19k upload & file is 28k).

Thank you all for you considerate attention,
Old 05-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

I would use the Ccleaner Uninstall Tool to uninstall them then run the Cleaner Tool and then run the Registry Cleaner. Ccleaner can do all of it I believe.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Spey is a n00b

horndoctor,

Just sitting down to this process right now, had planned to use CCleaner this time for the uninstall portion, as well the RegClean. Thanks for confirmation.

1. Are there any other places on my HDD that I should look for remnants of MSO after the program removal, and RegClean? In the past it seems there are always MSO leftover folders like the following:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Office (fbc212.tmp, MSO1033.acl)
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (Outlook.srs, Outlook.xml)
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express

2. Is there a preference to installing MSO or ActiveSync first (installation order)?
3. Should I create a partnership with TP2 device before loading my .pst file to MSO?

I want to put my best foot forward in this process ...
I'll check back before I begin the reinstall process.

Last edited by Spey; 05-06-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

1. I would do a keyword search after you uninstall and see if you can find anything but i bet if you do find anything those items will be benign. You could move those files to a disk and delete them from your hdd and then you could always put them back if need be.

2.I would install Office first then reboot. Then install Activesync, reboot, and then create a partnership and sync at least once to verify that it works.

3. Reboot again and then install your files. Then sync again.

Good Luck!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Spey is a n00b

Process completed - Still Same Sync Issue

Deleted partnerships on Computer and TP2 Device

Used CCleaner Uninstall MSO-2010
Used CCleaner Uninstall ActiveSync 4.5

Ran CCleaner (couple times till clean)
Ran Registry Cleaner (couple times till clean)
Reboot

Ran CCleaner & Reg-Cleaner (couple times)
Searched for MSO files (removed those listed in my last post)
Ran CCleaner & Reg-Cleaner (couple times)
Reboot

Ran CCleaner & Reg-Cleaner
Ran MSO 2010 Clean up utility.msi (remove previous MSO-2010 install traces)
Ran CCleaner & Reg-Cleaner
Reboot

Install MSO-2010 (same copy that's on WinXP machine that TP2 sync's with - earlier post)
Reboot
MSO-2010 runs fine

Installed ActiveSync 4.5

Plugged TP2 via USB to computer
Selected AS on device (2nd option to use device as HDD)
Unchecked all Options boxes for syncing (to speed initial connection)
Same issue with AS-4.5 not recognizing MSO
Through AS I can look at files on device via USB cable connection
Alternate USB cable same results.

Test w/Alternate PC (earlier post):
Deleted Partnerships on Device
Plugged Device into Alternate PC,
Established Partnership and Connection,
Device & Alternate PC Connect & Sync just like always
GRRRRR

There's gotta be something MSO related that's just not getting removed/corrected during the uninstall/reinstall process (some type of association file that AS needs to see - just don't know enough about what AS looks for to understand what is out of place ...).

Suggestions ...?

Last edited by Spey; 05-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

the cloud suggestion I gave u. either that or upgrade to Vista or 7
Old 05-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Spey is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 480x800; XV6875.1; Window Mobile 6.5 Professional

Seriously ...?
How many times are you gonna bring up "The Cloud" as a solution to my problem? I thought I already told you I am not interested in doing this!!!

Vista is not an option I would have ever considered!!!
Win-7 I would be running on this tablet already if my vid-processor allowed. Win-7 & WMDC are not an option for this XP Tablet running SP-3 (already have done much work with secondary HDD loaded with Win-7 for this tablet).

Let' plz stick to the original request of attepting solution to MSO-2010 sync with XP Tablet SP-3.

thanks much,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2