Spey
Lurker
Threadstarter

Spey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync Issue: TP2 WM6.5 - Activesync 4.5 - MSO-2010

horndoctor,
I really appreciate the attention to your post with regard to reading what I have already posted related to my issue(s) THANK YOU. Very much appears to me to be an issue related to the MSO-2010 installations association file(s) that ActiveSync needs to see. Previous remove/reinstalls of MSO-2010 did not solve my issue (but I really had felt that I was not getting everything during the MSO removal).

I am somewhat familiar with CCleaner and using the registry cleaner (currently running v3.06.1433). Could you please delineate the removal process steps you would suggest I use this next time; i.e. Add/Remove from Windows, MSO Removal Utility or CCleaner Removal Utility, etc. then the specific step(s) to finish the cleanup i.e. CCleaner Registry Cleaner and/or …

I would assume the same set of steps related to AS-4.5 removal and reinstall would also apply.

Here’s the first few lines of typical AS-Log.txt illustrating the issue I have mentioned related to ActiveSync not recognizing MSO-2010:

ActiveSync Troubleshooting Utility version: 4.5.5096.0
Date/Time: 2011/02/28-16:28:42.010
Analysis started
Operating system has been qualified as Windows XP (Home or Professional) SP1 or greater
Current operating system is supported
Current version of IE is supported
ActiveSync version found is 4.5.5096
Outlook 0 found
To synchronize e-mail, calendar appointments, and contacts with your PC, Microsoft Outlook XP (or later) must be installed
Exchange server not found in Outlook profile
Connection to Exchange server okay
PC is not qualified
SerialUSB driver has been detected.

If the ASLog.txt fileinfo above provides alternate potential solution to laborious removal/reinstallation of MSO, ActiveSync, etc., I would appreciate your thoughts. I will try to attach a full ASLog.txt file to this message (sorry forum limited to 19k upload & file is 28k).

Thank you all for you considerate attention,