PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

Spey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sync Issue: TP2 WM6.5 - Activesync 4.5 - MSO-2010

Previously syncing Activesync v4.5 with TP2 running WM6.5 for over a year successfully. Transitioned from MSO-2003 to MSO-2007 with no sync issues.

After fresh install of MSO-2010 TP2 will no longer recognizes that my computer has MS-Office installed. Phone connects to computer via USB, file transfer to both internal HDD and also mini-SD-card for phone work. Running Activesync Troubleshooter tells me there’s no Outlook installed on computer (but there is as fully working version of MSO-2010). Have removed/reinstalled Activesync v4.5 multiple times (with reboots after uninstalls). Seems there must be some type of association file that is somehow out of place …

Appreciate any help from you guys ....

Regards,
Old 04-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Sync Issue: TP2 WM6.5 - Activesync 4.5 - MSO-2010

don't know if u are willing to do this but u can try synching through a cloud solution. one of such methods is setting up ur hotmail account to sync with exchange (bing for instructions ) to sync email,calendar and contacts or u can search for Microsoft myphone and use that to sync contacts,calendar,videos,pictures ,documents and other files. since I started using 1 of these 2 methods I no longer had to rely on a PC to sync and restore my data from a hard reset. and contrary to the beliefs of some ur data is just as safe on the cloud as it is on the PC.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Try uninstalling Activesync and download and install Windows Mobile Device Center and see if it works better. Office 2010 may not support activesync only WMDC.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Also, you might try to delete and recreate the sync partnership on your device not just pc.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Spey is a n00b
Smile Re: Sync Issue: TP2 WM6.5 - Activesync 4.5 - MSO-2010

eric,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am currently only interested in solving the problem I have.

Not interested in broadcasting all my data via Cloud Computing (hoping & wishing servers would have scruples to keep what's mine, protected ...) ~ remember that site WikiLeaks (oh what fun they had collecting peoples data that came across their servers in the early days ...). I consider my contact data "secret", and only way to keep a secret is not to tell anybody ...

thanks again for your considerate reply
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spey View Post
Previously syncing Activesync v4.5 with TP2 running WM6.5 for over a year successfully. Transitioned from MSO-2003 to MSO-2007 with no sync issues.

After fresh install of MSO-2010 TP2 will no longer recognizes that my computer has MS-Office installed. Phone connects to computer via USB, file transfer to both internal HDD and also mini-SD-card for phone work. Running Activesync Troubleshooter tells me there’s no Outlook installed on computer (but there is as fully working version of MSO-2010). Have removed/reinstalled Activesync v4.5 multiple times (with reboots after uninstalls). Seems there must be some type of association file that is somehow out of place …

Appreciate any help from you guys ....

Regards,
What version of Windows are you running?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spey View Post
eric,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am currently only interested in solving the problem I have.

Not interested in broadcasting all my data via Cloud Computing (hoping & wishing servers would have scruples to keep what's mine, protected ...) ~ remember that site WikiLeaks (oh what fun they had collecting peoples data that came across their servers in the early days ...). I consider my contact data "secret", and only way to keep a secret is not to tell anybody ...

thanks again for your considerate reply
well if what horndoctor said is true (that outlook '10 doesn't support AS4.5) then what I said to do may be the only option unless u of course upgrade to Vista or windows 7. there's nothing wrong with having that information on the cloud. if someone wants to access ur data they will get it no matter what, whether it be on the PC or the cloud. I really hate to see people bashing the cloud over something like this. its very good to have and convenient to use especially if ur device fails and u won't be near a PC to restore ur data.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Spey is a n00b

Thanks for the reply's ...

To reconfirm, AS ( ActiveSync) does not sync and running the AS Trouble Shooter tells me there is no copy of Office/Outlook on my computer (but there is).

Computer running WinXP/Tablet-SP3
WMDC is for Win7 OS
AS-4.5 is for WinXP OS (which is what I am running)
AS-4.5 works fine on another XP/Pro-SP3 Computer running MSO-2010

I have deleted partnership on device and computer multiple times, and have removed and re-installed AS-4.5 multiple times, and have done both repair from disk and also remove/reinstall MSO-2010. Additionally, I have tried multiple copies of AS-4.5 to eliminate potential problem related to corrupted version of AS-4.5.

Device (TP2) will connect to my computer, and I can see and manipulate the files on TP2 from connected computer.

My device (that will not sync with my computer Outlook files) will sync with secondary computer running MSO-2010 and AS-4.5.

Last edited by Spey; 05-06-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Well, if your device will sync with another computer running the same software then it seems that the issue is caused by the first pc and not your device. It sounds like you have some sort of conflict on that pc that does not let outlook install properly. I don't know what that would be.
I would backup the outlook files you want to sync to cds or dvds and then completely uninstall Office 2010 and Activesync. Then run a utility like Ccleaner(free) to remove any remnants including running the registry tool to remove any leftover keys or values. Then after a reboot reinstall Office 2010 and Activesync. Then delete the Activesync partnership on your TP2. Then after soft resetting TP2 hookup your TP2 to your PC and recreate the partnership and sync. Then unhook your TP2 from your computer. Then replace those Outlook backup files on your PC using the cd/dvds you made. Then reboot PC. Then after boot check and see if the files you installed are there on your PC. Then hook your TP2 up and resync. That should work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Well, if your device will sync with another computer running the same software then it seems that the issue is caused by the first pc and not your device. It sounds like you have some sort of conflict on that pc that does not let outlook install properly. I don't know what that would be.
I would backup the outlook files you want to sync to cds or dvds and then completely uninstall Office 2010 and Activesync. Then run a utility like Ccleaner(free) to remove any remnants including running the registry tool to remove any leftover keys or values. Then after a reboot reinstall Office 2010 and Activesync. Then delete the Activesync partnership on your TP2. Then after soft resetting TP2 hookup your TP2 to your PC and recreate the partnership and sync. Then unhook your TP2 from your computer. Then replace those Outlook backup files on your PC using the cd/dvds you made. Then reboot PC. Then after boot check and see if the files you installed are there on your PC. Then hook your TP2 up and resync. That should work.
there will be no conflict if he removes the associations.

I'm guessing activesync may not work with office 2010, especially because 2010 handles pst files differently.

wmdc on windows 7 definitely works with outlook 2010 sync. I dont think activesync has been updated for a long time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2