PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which phone should I get?
HTC EVO 11 11.83%
EPIC 4g 9 9.68%
HTC ARRIVE 14 15.05%
HTC EVO 3D 45 48.39%
Galaxy S II 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dont want to give up my TP2, But is it time?

bleh go for the arrive the Android phones with all these dual core processors don't really have hardware acceleration to take advantage of it. wp7 has hardware acceleration built in and IE9 and some upcoming apps will take more advantage of it as well. who cares of its locked down? the purpose of customization was to tweak the device to work reliably this was a necessity in the tp2 wm6.5 days and even in some Android phones I'm hearing about but it isn't a necessity on wp7 which provides an excellent out of the box experience. since I got my arrive I have never had to soft reset it or anything like that. and with Zune I have access to millions of songs that I can stream without having to download them sure Android has this as well but the apps aren't as good,everything just works .or if u don't want the arrive u can wait and get the mazaa which is a wp7 world phone that is coming to sprint later this year.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
bleh go for the arrive the Android phones with all these dual core processors don't really have hardware acceleration to take advantage of it. wp7 has hardware acceleration built in and IE9 and some upcoming apps will take more advantage of it as well. who cares of its locked down?
Actually, the only thing that doesn't have hardware acceleration is the UI, the apps had hardware acceleration since Froyo..not all apps take advantage of it yet but the new Opera and FF do..

Quote:
the purpose of customization was to tweak the device to work reliably this was a necessity in the tp2 wm6.5 days and even in some Android phones I'm hearing about but it isn't a necessity on wp7 which provides an excellent out of the box experience.
some also want to tweak the looks...not just make it not lag...

Quote:
since I got my arrive I have never had to soft reset it or anything like that. and with Zune I have access to millions of songs that I can stream without having to download them sure Android has this as well but the apps aren't as good,everything just works
Have you seen CloudPlayer by Amazon? its prob better...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Actually, the only thing that doesn't have hardware acceleration is the UI, the apps had hardware acceleration since Froyo..not all apps take advantage of it yet but the new Opera and FF do..
further proving my point

some also want to tweak the looks...not just make it not lag...
because stock Android looks basically no different than stock WM without HTC Sense, Samsung touchwiz, Sony Panels and whatever the LG interface is called no one would probly even want an Android if it weren't for one of these shells and some interface customizations could also cause lag

Have you seen CloudPlayer by Amazon? its prob better...
I doubt it, all the wp7 converts from Android on wpcentral and xda are saying that nothing on Android was better than Zune, where's the first party solution to this? that's only 3rd party.
my answers are above in bold
Old 04-15-2011, 10:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
my answers are above in bold
Quote:
further proving my point
but there is hardware acceleration...

Quote:
because stock Android looks basically no different than stock WM without HTC Sense, Samsung touchwiz, Sony Panels and whatever the LG interface is called no one would probly even want an Android if it weren't for one of these shells and some interface customizations could also cause lag
Just cause manufacturers choose to include a UI does not mean those are the only choices..there are many popular ones such as Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher, SPB Mobile Shell (just came out), and etc...

Quote:
I doubt it, all the wp7 converts from Android on wpcentral and xda are saying that nothing on Android was better than Zune, where's the first party solution to this? that's only 3rd party.
CloudPlayer just came out a few days ago..and its not limited to just Android..you can play your music from anywhere as long as you got web access...but there is an Exclusive app for Android(for now, Im sure they'll make a WP7 version in the future)...

As for native solution...Google is working on their Music thing but I haven't payed much attention to it...
Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

guys...take it to the cage...!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
guys...take it to the cage...!
We are trying to have an educated discussion..not a bashathon...that said I am surprised not to see eric there yet :/...

Did you not see the cage yet Eric?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:04 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oisact View Post
No, you should wait. I'm keeping my TP2 going for one reason and one reason only - a huge wave of new phones with dual-core processors will dominate this year. There's going to be such a huge leap in power and performance with the next gen phones that I just can't commit to the phones that are available today. As of a few weeks ago there weren't any dual-core phones with a QWERTY keyboard, so I'm just being patient and waiting for the killer device to arrive. For example, the HTC Scorpion is supposed to have a 1.5 GHz dual core CPU. The HTC EVO 3D has a 1.3 GHz dual core cpu, shows movies in 3D like the Nintendo 3DS, and even has dual cameras to capture your own videos and photos in 3D. I'm just going to wait a few months and let the dust settle a bit and see who comes out out with the best device. Just too much new stuff on the horizon at the moment (and to let the prices drop a bit too).
thats what im waiting for...has to be dual core, seems like the next big step up. but to clarify, i think all the dual phones, known, all have front/back cams. just read it on engadget today which is another requirment of mine.

edit: did you mean dual cam as in what i said above or something else, now im confused?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned User

dual core is all hype and gimmicks same with 4G. this is no different than the console wars of the 90s "oh my system is better because its 32 bit urs is only 16"
Old 04-15-2011, 11:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
thats what im waiting for...has to be dual core, seems like the next big step up. but to clarify, i think all the dual phones, known, all have front/back cams. just read it on engadget today which is another requirment of mine.
Quad Core by end of the year though :/

Quote:
edit: did you mean dual cam as in what i said above or something else, now im confused?
A 3d camera requires that there be 2 cameras on the back...in Evo 3d's case for example there are two 5mp cameras on the back...by capturing 2 images at once it is able to accomplish 3d photos and video...

Quote:
dual core is all hype and gimmicks same with 4G. this is no different than the console wars of the 90s "oh my system is better because its 32 bit urs is only 16"
4g is definitely not a gimmick..neither is dual core...

4g while is not real 4g and just faster 3g..its still faster...

and dual cores allow for better multi-tasking...once they are fully implemented...so atm it may be a gimmick..but by end of the year ice cream will be out and those phones will be able to make use of both cores.

Last edited by gTen; 04-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thanks on all counts, i didnt know all that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2