PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2, 3G new fees, forced new plans, no grandfather, no upgrade path

yep very confusing indeed but i get what ur saying .. i dunno maybe i'm wrong maybe i'm not i just think it's bs that on top of what ur already paying for unlimited everything that it's no longer unlimited data till you upgrade and pay a $10 premium data add on per month not saying sprint is worser then vzw, at&t or tmo but it's just gotten a little bit nuts in my opinion and i guess i won't be upgrading anytime soon so i gotta keep my tp2 gaurded...

Last edited by rrjskj; 03-10-2011 at 02:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:36 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

4G is the most misused term in the industry, without doubt.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

well see I do not compare sprint with verizon. I compare sprint yesterday to sprint today. IE what I was paying yesterday to what they want me to pay tomorrow.

I don't care if its cheaper than vzw or tmo of whoever. I care that its MORE than what I was paying for NOTHING EXTRA I NEED OR WANT. ie exact same service. There is no reason for that to cost more except pure greed.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r3v0 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
well see I do not compare sprint with verizon. I compare sprint yesterday to sprint today. IE what I was paying yesterday to what they want me to pay tomorrow.

I don't care if its cheaper than vzw or tmo of whoever. I care that its MORE than what I was paying for NOTHING EXTRA I NEED OR WANT. ie exact same service. There is no reason for that to cost more except pure greed.
^^^^^AGREE, why are you charging me more when my plan does everything an everything plan does, minus the unlimited minutes?

IMO, this will create a black market for phones. ESN swaps and clones. I dont want to do anything really illegal (stealing phones), i just want to clone my ESN on one of those newer phones (of course i will buy it) as my TP2. Too bad its illegal to still do so . BUT i know it has and can be done, and quite frankly i wouldn't mind if someone could do this for me.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

lol i agree with ya man ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v0 View Post
^^^^^AGREE, why are you charging me more when my plan does everything an everything plan does, minus the unlimited minutes?

IMO, this will create a black market for phones. ESN swaps and clones. I dont want to do anything really illegal (stealing phones), i just want to clone my ESN on one of those newer phones (of course i will buy it) as my TP2. Too bad its illegal to still do so . BUT i know it has and can be done, and quite frankly i wouldn't mind if someone could do this for me.
lol i don't think any1 wants to take the risk on doing time behind that but it's definatly a good idea ...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v0 View Post

There has been a blackmarket for phones for a LONG time...that said cloning ESN is illegal in itself, and possessing a device that has altered ESN is also illegal...even owning software that can clone ESN is again illegal...

---

And I'd like to remind that discussion of how to clone ESN is not allowed on these forums, public or private.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Lurker

C_Rab is just getting started

I'm moving over to Virgin when my term runs out...can't pass up the $25 and $40 a month plans...my bill will actually go down...
Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I disagree on the legality issue. the core of the law if to commit a fraud theft or damage to network.

none of that happens when you close a phone you own to a phone you own to a network account you lawfully pay for using a phone that is otherwise DESIGNED for that network from the get go.

IE I am not defrauding sprint. I am not defrauding some other users and since the phone is already designed for sprint I am not at risk of doing anything bad to their network.

I firmly believe if this actually made it well funded to a high court it would be found NOT illegal. IE the law would not apply because no intent to harm has occurred.

Does not mean you will see me doing it though since I don't have the deep pockets to test those waters but I believe to 99.9% certainty no one would see "jail time" without "intent to harm" being in the equation.

ie your phone to your phone on your account not trying to defraud.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
I disagree on the legality issue. the core of the law if to commit a fraud theft or damage to network.

none of that happens when you close a phone you own to a phone you own to a network account you lawfully pay for using a phone that is otherwise DESIGNED for that network from the get go.

IE I am not defrauding sprint. I am not defrauding some other users and since the phone is already designed for sprint I am not at risk of doing anything bad to their network.

I firmly believe if this actually made it well funded to a high court it would be found NOT illegal. IE the law would not apply because no intent to harm has occurred.

Does not mean you will see me doing it though since I don't have the deep pockets to test those waters but I believe to 99.9% certainty no one would see "jail time" without "intent to harm" being in the equation.

ie your phone to your phone on your account not trying to defraud.
+1

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO
Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Teradog,
I feel your pain my friend. I've been with Sprint for close to 15 years. I called Cust service back in October to get some pic mail charges deleted since we don't use Pic mail and was told that I wasn on an "obsolete" plan and needed to change it. Used to be fair and flex 700 family with a 25% corporate discount. The rep told me that I had to upgrade to a current plan and agree to a new 2 year contract - and be put in the "cue" for Sprint Premier" (LOL what a flippin joke!). Since I didn'd HAVE to, I decided not to but then she told me that absolutely NOTHING would change and it was more of an "administrative" thing and my rates would remain EXACTLY the same. So, against my better judgement I agreed...

Well, the next bill came and it was over $50.00 more than I was paying. A 1 hour call to sprint and a bunch of time on the phone with retentions (you can cancel immediately after a plan change) and I was told that they no longer discounted each add on phone (4 phones at about 2.00 each) and other services that I had were no longer discounted. Plus, my unlimited texting went from 10.00 month to 15.00 month. Also "new" surcharges appeared including the additional $10.00 for Data (which was later dropped).

So while I still have "unlimited" data, IMHO, those days are numbered. Most carriers are starting to cap their data packages or penalize/charge you if you use a lot and I'm sure sprint won't be far behind. What sucks about it is that everyone is pushing data intensive multimedia for these things and that sucks bandwidth and bits which will end up costing us out the arses. just a matter of time.

So, while I have always loved to be on the cutting edge and upgrade at the very instant that I could, I think I'll be keeping my trusty TP2 for a while.

I'm running NRG OC'd to 748 and dual boot android off my large storage card...so why? Just another reason for them to tack on a "premium surcharge"? No thanks. I'll probably let my contract run out and shop elsewhere. A few years ago sprint was bleeding customers like gutted pig and recovered only to turn around and start sticking people. Might be time to open up some of thos old wounds and let the blood flow from sprint again. Money talks...and if it starts to walk again, maybe they will think twice about screwing their "loyal" customers again.

Damn, my head hurts now...haven't ranted like that in a while...

Oh, BTW, I still love my TP2.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2