PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opinion please... ROM noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
any ROM is way better than the stock 6.5, even the stock 6.1 is way better
i couldnt get the stock 6.1 to even boot up on my device .. got to the TOUCHpro2 screen and thats it ..
Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
i couldnt get the stock 6.1 to even boot up on my device .. got to the TOUCHpro2 screen and thats it ..
what? really? i know it sits there for a few mins then it boots and sets up fine afterwards
Old 02-23-2011, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well, thanks for the suggestions !

I tried Medium Hill Titanium ROM, was pretty happy with it until I realized that there was a problem with sound (ringer and built-in speaker too low, car speaker via cable low and uneven, the other party complains that I come through with a strong b/g noise).

So, went to VIN's latest Neodium ROM... and so far it's been great, although I haven't had a chance to test everything yet. But, it's the fastest Sense I've ever experienced, and the memory use is still better than the stock ROM before tweaks. Not to mention that it's also very visually attractive. Thanks for help !
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

uumm... I got a good ROM you should try

Link is in my sig.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-23-2011 at 10:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

There are lots of great roms out there which you could flash, but having been there I strongly suggest you stick for a bit with stock 6.5 and either run iphonetoday (doesn't use sense so very zippy), or CHT2, and play with each a bit and get to see what it can do , first. After I did that, I was quite, and quickly disappointed with a bunch of alternative roms as they seemed not able to do the obvious. But it is a very individual thing and they all have an important and useful nitch. The trick is to find out what YOU like!!! Go for it!!!

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
The trick is to find out what YOU like!!! Go for it!!!
That is part of the fun, isn't it? =]=] Have a blast!!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

I always like Silence's rom, or the one that was built off his last one, can't think of the name right now. It always ran smoothly, despite being an older build of WM6.5, but this doesn't necessarily mean it was bad.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
That is part of the fun, isn't it? =]=] Have a blast!!
Yup!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
I always like Silence's rom, or the one that was built off his last one, can't think of the name right now. It always ran smoothly, despite being an older build of WM6.5, but this doesn't necessarily mean it was bad.
Yes, some are still fond of the 219xx builds! They are solid!! =]
Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

It's true, there are still a lot of die hard 219XX fans out there! I wish we could have 6.5 taskbars and 6.5.X everything else. That would be hot!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
question, rom, sprint, titanium