PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

u2rock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outbound Calls "Unknown" on caller ID instead of State Name

I am wondering if anyone worked on a program which will show caller ID (State name) if you are calling outside your contact list. Whenever I make a call to random number I don't know which state phone that phone number belongs too. My old phone Katana used to show state name by areacode associate with it.

Thanks,
Old 11-13-2010, 01:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Outbound Calls "Unknown" on caller ID instead of State Name

hmmmm...

sammich has the state callerid fix, but i dont know if that pertains to outbound calling..

i know exactly what your talking about though... anytime i didnt know where a call was from, id just put in the area code and 333-3333 and even without pressing talk, itd show the state..

unfortunately that was lost when i moved to smartphones...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ort-added.html theres the link, but it does say "incoming call" but maybe theres more info in there or you can ask there also..

ive also read reference to turning off the HTC dialer SKin and youd get some the the state caller id function back, but ive never actually tried it, as this isnt something i really mind having or not having.. you can disable the dialer skin by going to HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin and change the Enabled to "0", and soft resetting... but again, never tried it so i dont know if the claim has truth..

thats all i got for now lol
Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

As long as I have had a WM device, it has never showed the area code location for outgoing calls, only incoming. I wish there was a way to show the area code location just by dialing it though... That'd be pretty useful.

Actually... I just got an idea. Off to Visual Studio!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BullyDawg is becoming a great contributor

Sammich,

I know Chevy had a fix to allow your City/State Cab to work on VzW. You may recall that it didn't work -- or caused problems -- after VzW upgraded to MR2 (WM6.5 / Sense 2.5).

Do you have any ideas on how to make your great cab work on VzW?

Last edited by BullyDawg; 11-15-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2