PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

blugill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2nd time on 6.5 TP2 Sprint

first phone shut it's self off, then when it rebooted it says, hands free activation then -- connecting to server, and will turn it's self on and off continuously until I cancel it on screen, but then it still isn't working right, but I can make a call and after that, major shit, just won't respond to anything, try to go to mesg. or anything and takes forever, finally got into task mannager and saw where system is using 96 to 98% cpu. Then I soft reboot or take out battery and same thing all over again, I think it may be fried ?
Old 10-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: 2nd time on 6.5 TP2 Sprint

Is this a replacement phone you received? You flashed back to Sprint 6.5? Have you done a hard reset?
Old 10-31-2010, 02:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

blugill is a n00b

no not a replacement, and haven't done a hard reset, took it to sprint today and it wouldn't even let the guy save my contacts. he is gonna get me a replacement Monday and try to save my contacts to the sim, then swap out sim with new phone. i just really don't want somebody's old phone i would like to get mine going, this phone came stock with 6.1 and basically did the same thing about 5 months ago and sprint put 6.5 on it and was great up till last night when my prob started, bought this phone new when they came out and would like to keep my own
Old 10-31-2010, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

blugill is a n00b

not a replacement and no hard reset, sprint couldn't even get into it today said they would try to save my contacts to sims card and give me another phone and swap card out, phone would not even let the guy save my contacts on his little machine, got this phone when they first came out and it had 6.1 till about 5 months ago and had the same basic prob so they couldn't sync phone and hard reset it and put 6.5 on it. now here we go again and lost all contacts last time ,about 200 #s I would just like to save phone cause don't really want a refurb unless it never had any probs, would like to get mine going
Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

a word of advice is use wmdc or microsoft my phone to back up your contacts.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It is time for a hard reset. hope you can save your contacts.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

a word of advice is use wmdc or microsoft my phone to back up your contacts.

This is a good point, did you set up Microsoft My Phone? If you did, then your contacts are safe. At least from the last synchronization. Replacement phones are refurbished and it is hard to say what it is your getting. I have had mine replaced and they are reliable, depending if the person receiving the phone diagnosed the previous owners issues properly. Have the tech/rep, shut down the Sense UI and see if the contacts are then available to save. Good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2