PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: if trying to flash from PC, and there is a RHODIMG.nbh on the SD card root...

it wontflash the nbh if its in a folder it will only flash the nbh if its on the root of sdcard, doesnt matter caps or not
Old 10-31-2010, 10:02 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: if trying to flash from PC, and there is a RHODIMG.nbh on the SD card root...

hmmmmm.... seems like deleting a ROM would just be the best answer here... why all the screwing around...

step 1) check to see if you have a nbh on root BEFORE flashing via PC

step 2) delete the ROOT rom or DONT flash via PC

step 3) flash

didnt really seem like it need a lengthy thread to get that point across..

anyone else agree????
Old 10-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
and it still works?
yep, still working fine! so if this happens next time i try and flash what do i do? there are either 1 of 2 things going on here on when i try and flash.
1) my tp2 freezes when trying to enter sspl causing hspl to give connection error on pc
2) the hspl gives the connection error and the progress bar on the phone seems to stop. when this happens, i need to let the tp2 sit a little longer? because this is when its actually flashing my rom off the sd?
Old 10-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost
Threadstarter

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
it wontflash the nbh if its in a folder it will only flash the nbh if its on the root of sdcard, doesnt matter caps or not
correct - has to be in root.

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
hmmmmm.... seems like deleting a ROM would just be the best answer here... why all the screwing around...

step 1) check to see if you have a nbh on root BEFORE flashing via PC

step 2) delete the ROOT rom or DONT flash via PC

step 3) flash

didnt really seem like it need a lengthy thread to get that point across..

anyone else agree????
exactimundo

folks might do a reset in the middle of that flash and thus might brick the phone - that is the only reason for this thread.

LET IT RUN once it's started!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
yep, still working fine! so if this happens next time i try and flash what do i do? there are either 1 of 2 things going on here on when i try and flash.
1) my tp2 freezes when trying to enter sspl causing hspl to give connection error on pc
2) the hspl gives the connection error and the progress bar on the phone seems to stop. when this happens, i need to let the tp2 sit a little longer? because this is when its actually flashing my rom off the sd?
For your case, since you are trying to unlock (HSPL),

1) remove any .nbh from the sd card root, or just remove the sd card(by far the easiest).

2. connect phone to PC (autosync will run on the phone and WMC will run on the PC(assuminf Win7 or Vista) ).

3. run the HSPL exec on the PC and let it go (pay your $ if you have to) answer questions on PC and on PHONE as needed.

I seem to recall it took about 20 seconds, but LET IT RUN TO COMPLETION ONCE IT STARTS!!!

Last edited by Kris443; 10-31-2010 at 02:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2