PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
if trying to flash from PC, and there is a RHODIMG.nbh on the SD card root...

if trying to flash from PC, and there is a RHODIMG.nbh on the SD card root... (this came up in another thread so I thought I'd give it one of its own...)

a caveat:
if trying to flash from PC, and there is a RHODIMG.nbh on the SD card root... it will appear to be doing the PC thing.

At about 50% you will get a USB lost connection error.(or similar)

At this point I wiggled the USB, and then pulled it.. (doesn't matter)( Desktop Windows was reporting that there was no connection/device)

It appeared (on the phone screen) to do nothing for a minute, and then (on the phone screen) the progress bar started moving, and eventually completed.

LET IT COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you get done you will find that it was flashing the ROM on the SD card.

a) if you want to flash or run an exe from the PC, make sure there is NOT a valid ROM (RHODIMG.nbh) on the SD card, or simply pull the SD card.

b) Once it starts, if you do not let it complete, you may well brick your phone. Dunno...

[in my case I happened to have an Energy ROM on the SD card when I was trying to flash back to stock via an exe on the PC. It simply re-flashed the Energy ROM. I then deleted the ROM from the SD card and flashed again and it correctly went back to stock. ]

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!

Last edited by Kris443; 10-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: if trying to flash from PC, and there is a ROM on the SD card...

i pc flash (exe) with 6 nbh files (rom) on sdcard with no issues?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i pc flash (exe) with 6 nbh files (rom) on sdcard with no issues?
and I bet they're all named rhodimg.nbh
Old 10-30-2010, 10:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
and I bet they're all named rhodimg.nbh
ya but caps on RHODIMG but im lost, thought your post says you can flash with pc with rom on sd?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ya but caps on RHODIMG but im lost, thought your post says you can flash with pc with rom on sd?
so very true - I failed to say "if there's a RHODIMG.nbh on the SD card, it will be used." and cause the above weirdnesses.

EDIT: and actually I said you CAN'T flash with PC if there's a RHODIMG.nbh on your SD card and the card is plugged in and valid.

Last edited by Kris443; 10-30-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
if trying to flash from PC, and there is a ROM on the SD card... (this came up in another thread so I thought I'd give it one of its own...)

a caveat:
if trying to flash from PC, and there is a ROM (RHODIMG.nbh) on the SD card... it will appear to be doing the PC thing.

At about 50% you will get a USB lost connection error.(or similar)

At this point I wiggled the USB, and then pulled it.. (doesn't matter)( Desktop Windows was reporting that there was no connection/device)

It appeared (on the phone screen) to do nothing for a minute, and then (on the phone screen) the progress bar started moving, and eventually completed.

LET IT COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you get done you will find that it was flashing the ROM on the SD card.

a) if you want to flash or run an exe from the PC, make sure there is NOT a valid ROM (RHODIMG.nbh) on the SD card, or simply pull the SD card.

b) Once it starts, if you do not let it complete, you may well brick your phone. Dunno...

[in my case I happened to have an Energy ROM on the SD card when I was trying to flash back to stock via an exe on the PC. It simply re-flashed the Energy ROM. I then deleted the ROM from the SD card and flashed again and it correctly went back to stock. ]

repeated and corrected.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i am the guy from the other thread. thanks kris! so when it seemed like the hspl was giving the error and the phone seemed to have froze, it was actually still doing its thing. i am glad to know this, as i was doing things correctly but wasnt giving the phone time to finish flashing the rom. go figure lol. i will definitely give the hspl another shot asap.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
i am the guy from the other thread. thanks kris! so when it seemed like the hspl was giving the error and the phone seemed to have froze, it was actually still doing its thing. i am glad to know this, as i was doing things correctly but wasnt giving the phone time to finish flashing the rom. go figure lol. i will definitely give the hspl another shot asap.
Ah, good, Puff - so you're saying that you did not let it finish, yet it was not bricked???
Old 10-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ah, good, Puff - so you're saying that you did not let it finish, yet it was not bricked???
thats correct. and i reset my tp2 3 to 4 times. i didnt reset until after the hspl errored out and closed if that matters
Old 10-31-2010, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: if trying to flash from PC, and there is a RHODIMG.nbh on the SD card root...

and it still works?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2