PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I turn the "phone" off while using TP2 as a wi-fi router?

for my sprint phone, open the dialpad, hit "menu", "options", "cdma services", "DDTM mode" then click "get settings", then there is an option "send voice calls to voicemail during active data sessions".. just select "on". mine was set to off as default.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium/TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Musicmama is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
what rom are you using and are you using cookies home editor?
Unmodded (stock) Verizon 6.1 rom
No, not using CHT.
There is no "display" in Settings > Sound. DDTM seems to be a Sprint thing so maybe I don't have this? (at least that's all I found on a google search)
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Musicmama is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastone View Post
for my sprint phone, open the dialpad, hit "menu", "options", "cdma services", "DDTM mode" then click "get settings", then there is an option "send voice calls to voicemail during active data sessions".. just select "on". mine was set to off as default.
Verizon menus are apparently different.
Settings > Phone > CDMA Services > only option that seems to make sense is "Voice Privacy" but it can only be enabled or disabled (currently enabled)
Also Settings > Phone > Advanced > checkbox to "Reject call with text message" (would this work for during the demo?)

BTW, Verizon techs had no idea what to do.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmama View Post
Verizon menus are apparently different.
Settings > Phone > CDMA Services > only option that seems to make sense is "Voice Privacy" but it can only be enabled or disabled (currently enabled)
Also Settings > Phone > Advanced > checkbox to "Reject call with text message" (would this work for during the demo?)

BTW, Verizon techs had no idea what to do.
bummer! i would think there must be a way get into that settings. i dont think that reject call w/ text will work for what you want to do. i will look on my phone if there is maybe another way in to get that setting option.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
wasn't there a setting you can toggle so that calls go straight to voicemail instead of interupting an active data session?? in the phone settings options, DDTM on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
ya i think you can just make a "event" in calender and set the phone to goto vm during that event
Quote:
those wouldve been my answers too..

i was running a bunch of tests to see if i could find a work around.. prob is im on sprint, your on VZW, so i dont have the issues you do..

Now, ive read about websites where you can sign up and theyll divert all texts and calls for you... These sites are designed for the interest of Not Texting While Driving.... you could register on one of these sites, and just txt the code and itll think your driving now... when you txt the code back after your presentation- all your calls and messages resume..

google for the sites, im walking out the door for dinner with the fam...

OR.. just install Cookie Home Tab and like above said, it has a setting for calls to not come in during appointments..

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 09-16-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: removed uploaded Screenshots due to faulty read out
Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Musicmama is a n00b

So, I found a "workaround" through more exhaustive Verizon searching that was supposed to handle the call lockout during a data session (*7650/*765).

I tried it, hoped for the best, turned the ringer on silent and lent my phone to my boss for the demo. I also told my family, who sometimes call during what would be the demo time, that if they DID call, I'd hurt them terribly. (they apparently believed me and didn't try).

Boss ended up not using the phone because there was "public wifi" at the client site after all. However, he was impressed with the phone's abilities so I guess it all worked out in the end.

Thanks to those who offered suggestions. Maybe I'll try CHT one more time....
Old 09-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

bornskilled200 is a n00b

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but why not try redirecting all the calls with he call forwarding technique, it wont even reach the phone and you will still be able to use your data (i think). I will check it out later on my side but just throwing it out there!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2