PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GUIDE FOR Sprint TP2 on boost

Achiever have you done the prl update yet?

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

TheAchiever is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Achiever have you done the prl update yet?
Yes I did, and I figured out what was wrong lol. First, I had to change the NAI to my boost account (was another person's). I was also new to the phone as well as the changing of services or provisioning, so I didn't know I had to do the "update profile" action on the phone. After that, web/data worked. The only thing that doesn't work right now is Sprint TV, and I don't know if it's supposed to work or not.

I will configure the settings for MMS later, since I don't know much about the phone or the .cab stuff yet either. I think I am running Windows Mobile 6.1, and it should also be using the stock rom. And I have no idea about custom roms and whatnot, so I'll just look for guides soon and ask questions there.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:42 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Sprint TV does not work on boost mobile.

Also you dont have to install a custom rom to make the mms work just read through the this thread and you will find the way to make it work. To install a .cab is very simple its also listed on here and if your running stock go back on this thread a couple of post and you will find the post with the boostmmsfix.cab

Oh yeah thanks for hitting the thanks button. I like to help but l like it more when people appreciate the help you give them.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Sprint!! - TP2 Boost Mobile!
Carrier: Sprint - BOOST MOBILE

bigdinog is just getting started

I have gotten about 3 TP2s, and varius TPs on boost, the sprint TV never works. I do not know why. Whatever the case maybe, youre not missing out on much. Do a PRL update and data should work right away. If you got the phone with a custom ROM, install the stock rom 1st, then do the PRL update. After that, you can flash to any Rom of your choice.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

masetas first i wanna thank you for this! ;]. I am a big Sprint fan and I like to keep my service active so I won't be switching to Boost but however, I have been looking for this guide and I finally came across it. I will be helping friends/people to active a TP2 onto Boost. ;]. THANKS AGAIN!

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

ink718 your welcome glad i could help. but dont be shy to hit the thanks button.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPRINT

rwmppc is a n00b

God I love you guys!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

rwmppc show your love by hitting the thanks button
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

TheAchiever is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdinog View Post
I have gotten about 3 TP2s, and varius TPs on boost, the sprint TV never works. I do not know why. Whatever the case maybe, youre not missing out on much. Do a PRL update and data should work right away. If you got the phone with a custom ROM, install the stock rom 1st, then do the PRL update. After that, you can flash to any Rom of your choice.
Hey I already did the PRL update, and I think the rom is the stock rom, but I'm not sure so how do I check this? And I'm sure there are a couple of guides on here and other places for flashing to custom roms so I guess I'll follow those hehe.

On another note (maybe off topic), there seems to be a problem with my phone... it will randomly freeze for about 5 seconds (very often) and during that time, I cannot input anything. If it's playing music, the music will stop while time it is frozen. If the screen is off, I can't turn it on during those 5 seconds.

It did not have that problem when I first got it. The only changes I have made is the provisioning and syncing the phone to have music from my windows media center library.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc toouch pro
Carrier: sprint

tommykair21 is a n00b

question, will this work on the regular touch pro??? i tried to do that and didnt work, call the customer services rep and try to activated the phone saying is a boost phone and my brother was using it before but she couldn't do it, i wonder if is because is a touch pro and not tp2, she also say that they where doing it before, conecting any phone with sprint but since people started having problem with text and other things they blocked and as far as i see thats true, she couldn't connect the phone neither i could over the internet, what am i missing????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint tp2 on boost