PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ksteal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
concludes beta test

I have a sprint touch pro 2 and it is stuck on the beta test page. I have tried hard resetting and the vol down, power and reset button and nothing will allow me to reflash. I tried reflashing with the sd card but it keeps flashing the same expired rom instead of the new one that i put on the root dir of the sd card. any ideas?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: concludes beta test

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteal View Post
any ideas?
Yes, flash a ROM where the person who made it actually patched the timebomb in the 6.5.x SYS. Short of editing the nbh and patching shell32.exe yourself, you're stuck.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ksteal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Yes, flash a ROM where the person who made it actually patched the timebomb in the 6.5.x SYS. Short of editing the nbh and patching shell32.exe yourself, you're stuck.

i was using an energy rom from a few months back. is the latest one patched? I use to always flash with the sd card by just putting it on the root drive, will the phone still flash the new energy rom drive this way? thanks for the help.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i was using an energy rom from a few months back. is the latest one patched? I use to always flash with the sd card by just putting it on the root drive, will the phone still flash the new energy rom drive this way? thanks for the help.
Yes, you can flash a new ROM any way you like. I don't know if NRG's SYS have the timebomb removed now, but I would think he would given his knowledge with making so many ROMs. I'm not even sure what new SYS have timebombs built into them. They may not be considered beta anymore since some devices in China are shipping with 6.5.x.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ksteal is a n00b

I have tried flashing with energy's new rom, but the expired notification still comes up. I think the phone is just hard resetting with the old expired rom instead of seeing the new rom in the sd card and using that one. I am also unable to connect to active sync so i can't flash using the computer either. Any ideas?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I have tried flashing with energy's new rom, but the expired notification still comes up. I think the phone is just hard resetting with the old expired rom instead of seeing the new rom in the sd card and using that one. I am also unable to connect to active sync so i can't flash using the computer either. Any ideas?
Turn phone off, press+hold volume down, and press+hold the power button. Once you have the tri-color bootloader screen, connect a USB cable. Flash a new ROM using the RUU utility and you'll be fine.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ksteal is a n00b

Quote:
Turn phone off, press+hold volume down, and press+hold the power button. Once you have the tri-color bootloader screen, connect a USB cable. Flash a new ROM using the RUU utility and you'll be fine.
where can i find the ruu utility? thanks for all your help
Old 09-09-2010, 09:25 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

ruu as requested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RUU.zip (555.1 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ksteal is a n00b

Quote:
I get an error 260 saying the update utility cannot connect to my phone when i tried the steps above. i believe the phone is suppose to say usb, but it says serial on the screen

Last edited by ksteal; 09-09-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteal
Quote:
I get an error 260 saying the update utility cannot connect to my phone when i tried the steps above. i believe the phone is suppose to say usb, but it says serial on the screen
It will say Serial toward the bottom until you connect your device to your pc with a usb cable. Then it will change and say USB. Then run the RUU.

Last edited by horndoctor; 09-10-2010 at 12:17 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2