PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

camtah is keeping up the good workcamtah is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Re: Left Touch Pro 2 for the Evo

Well hear this: I returned my Epic for the TP2. Nuts, huh?....

Actually, my best analogy is being in a long term marriage (WM) and along comes this fine, hot young lady (Android) with all the trimmings. The hot looks (Screen, AP's, etc) play on you primal senses and before you know it you throw caution to the wind and jump in head first. Then it hit you..behind the beauty, there isn't much substance...

I picked up an Epic on launch day and was excited like most for this new wave of smart phones. I was coming from Treo Pro which served me surprisingly well, but was a little to small for my feeble eyes to see. You can see why the Epic was an interest to me. The screen was outstanding in comparison. The speed of the device was quick and agile and I thought I was on my way to nirvana.....

But, in the end I started to see the warts..The lack of "real" Outlook support, the 4G non-service in a service area and the piss poor GPS performance had me longing for home. I tried all the work arounds, the promises of future updates from Samsung (Note to self: Remember the A900 fiasco) and the fact that I don't need 10000 ways to change my weather icons.

I could go on into more detail, but I decided that it was time to go home now and live with my old comfortable shoes. The cost of the new generation is too high for me and I lost the gee whiz feeling after only a few days with it. The eye candy is nice for sure and I secretly wished it would have worked out..but it was not to be..

So here I am, back in the fold..will you forgive me???
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Left Touch Pro 2 for the Evo

wow another one of these threads! OP I know ur intentions of creating this thread weren't for bashing WM but that doesn't stop other fandroids from doing so. a couple have already posted in this thread already. IMDB does have an app and who the **** cares about yelp? seriously? stop with that! as far as banking goes open up IE or opera and type in www.yourbank.com or make a favorite for it. you can also download assistant free app that app allows banking. and about youtube, I can watch any video I want in IE. there's usually an equivalent app for WM that's also available for iPhone or android and if there isn't it doesn't mean thar you can create or reply in threads in WM forums to say that WM sucks because there's no yelp. WTF!? seriously desgraciados!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

glad you found something that works for you OP! Both phones/OS's have the good and bad points and neither will work for eveyone but as long as youre happy thats all that counts. Enjoy your new toy
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID X, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

crazed_z06 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
wow another one of these threads! OP I know ur intentions of creating this thread weren't for bashing WM but that doesn't stop other fandroids from doing so. a couple have already posted in this thread already. IMDB does have an app and who the **** cares about yelp? seriously? stop with that! as far as banking goes open up IE or opera and type in www.yourbank.com or make a favorite for it. you can also download assistant free app that app allows banking. and about youtube, I can watch any video I want in IE. there's usually an equivalent app for WM that's also available for iPhone or android and if there isn't it doesn't mean thar you can create or reply in threads in WM forums to say that WM sucks because there's no yelp. WTF!? seriously desgraciados!
The mobile sites suck. Using the mobile sites on the TP2 sucks.. lol stylus. Seriously. Compare the NFL Mobile App from Verizon to the nfl.com mobile site and get back to me. Who cares about Yelp? Users like me who want to do stuff with their smartphones. The more important question is, "Who cares about Windows Mobile?" Because it clearly isnt people who are developing new apps and software for smartphones.. http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/mobile/index.jsp?c_id=sd
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I too have made the decision to go with the EVO although its been next to impossible to find one. I finally got one ordered this weekend and hope to get it this week. Just don't feel like waiting for windows phone 7 nor do I want to get the first phone that runs it. Unless it changes drastically from what I have seen I dont think i will be missing much, but only time will tell. I too am a very big fan of WM6.X but am tired of having a product that has 0 development left.

Edit: O ya I spend about 30 minutes playing with the Epic and yes its a little faster than the EVO but boy does it feel cheap. I feel very comfortable with HTC products and fell completely in love with the massive screen on the EVO.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

from what I've read, androids dont have native outlook support.... I would not switch unless it did. blackberry's and iphones were easy to sync with outlook. I wish I could overclock my TP2 without sacraficing reliability and battery life, but probably far fetched. The sluggishness is the only thing that annoys me, but since I use spbms + native windows apps, it's not a big problem. I wouldnt have a problem using this device for the next 5 years. Emails, texts, mms, facebook plugin, bing, youtube, wifi router, speaker phone, acual phone use, and web browsing work great. Anything else is just an added bonus, and I could definitely live without.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My evo syncs with outlook just fine. And, i can do things like talk to text which of what i'm doing right now to compose this message

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Ditto!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
My evo syncs with outlook just fine. And, i can do things like talk to text which of what i'm doing right now to compose this message

EVO on Tapatalk
from what I've seen on youtube, it doesnt directly sync with outlook, and you need extra software to make it work.

it just doesnt seem very easy or straightforward from what I've seen. Have not owned android(because winmo got the job done).
Old 09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Prior to 2.1, additional software was required. Not anymore, it syncs natively and layers calendars, contacts, and emails. It works great on my wife's Epic as well.

EVO on Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2