View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
camtah
Lurker

camtah is keeping up the good workcamtah is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Re: Left Touch Pro 2 for the Evo

Well hear this: I returned my Epic for the TP2. Nuts, huh?....

Actually, my best analogy is being in a long term marriage (WM) and along comes this fine, hot young lady (Android) with all the trimmings. The hot looks (Screen, AP's, etc) play on you primal senses and before you know it you throw caution to the wind and jump in head first. Then it hit you..behind the beauty, there isn't much substance...

I picked up an Epic on launch day and was excited like most for this new wave of smart phones. I was coming from Treo Pro which served me surprisingly well, but was a little to small for my feeble eyes to see. You can see why the Epic was an interest to me. The screen was outstanding in comparison. The speed of the device was quick and agile and I thought I was on my way to nirvana.....

But, in the end I started to see the warts..The lack of "real" Outlook support, the 4G non-service in a service area and the piss poor GPS performance had me longing for home. I tried all the work arounds, the promises of future updates from Samsung (Note to self: Remember the A900 fiasco) and the fact that I don't need 10000 ways to change my weather icons.

I could go on into more detail, but I decided that it was time to go home now and live with my old comfortable shoes. The cost of the new generation is too high for me and I lost the gee whiz feeling after only a few days with it. The eye candy is nice for sure and I secretly wished it would have worked out..but it was not to be..

So here I am, back in the fold..will you forgive me???
This post has been thanked 2 times.