PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sprint/Asureon wouldn't upgrade my Touch Pro -> Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
I paid 254, plus im getting a 100 dollar rebate.. plus i am returning the old junk phone for buy in credit..
your still getting ripped... You can have an EVO or an EPIC for that price.. i know you said your not ready for android yet, but maybe you should hold onto your rebate status a little longer....

and If your returning your TP1 for store credit, then they didnt eeven give you a deal.. they just let you buy a TP2 straight up.. its not an exchange

just try some different stores... here in Michigan we have Wireless Giant and Wireless Toys are 2 good 3rd party retailers...

calling Sprint on the phone will get you nowhere since they cant see the device.. and "rarely" do an advanced exchange VIA the phone for TP1s

If anything go somewhere...let them exchange you for a brand new refurb TP1... then go for a TP2 again... atleast then you have a nice shiny TP1 to get rid of
Old 08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
your still getting ripped... You can have an EVO or an EPIC for that price.. i know you said your not ready for android yet, but maybe you should hold onto your rebate status a little longer....

and If your returning your TP1 for store credit, then they didnt eeven give you a deal.. they just let you buy a TP2 straight up.. its not an exchange

just try some different stores... here in Michigan we have Wireless Giant and Wireless Toys are 2 good 3rd party retailers...

calling Sprint on the phone will get you nowhere since they cant see the device.. and "rarely" do an advanced exchange VIA the phone for TP1s

If anything go somewhere...let them exchange you for a brand new refurb TP1... then go for a TP2 again... atleast then you have a nice shiny TP1 to get rid of
It's not a rip off seing I've been upgrade 2-3 times already by sprint. Also, EVO doesn't have a slideout keyboard, worthless for systems administration and general business - a toy at best. Any unit without a slide out I refuse to use. I am essentially paying $100 after all rebates, the buyback etc.. $254 - 100 - 25 for my broken tp. so ~$125 for a brand new phone in the box? how is this a rip off? Plus they are letting me pay it off little by little with just a larger phone bill (instead of $85 a mo I will pay $125-150 a mo). The EPIC isn't even out yet, the rep couldn't get me a good price point or estimate the cost.. I will hold on to this for a little bit and if the epic comes out soon I will probably ask to switch phones. We'll see...
Old 08-23-2010, 03:54 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

The epic comes out the 31st... dont see why on earth you would actually buy a tp2 now...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
The epic comes out the 31st... dont see why on earth you would actually buy a tp2 now...
You're talking to a guy who is trading in a phone and "financing" the balance with monthly payments. I wonder if he went for the optional rust proofing..

Though it's worth noting that the Epic carries a $10 monthly cool phone tax. According to Windows Calculator, thats $240/year plus applicable taxes, and I'm told some people don't like the sound of that.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
You're talking to a guy who is trading in a phone and "financing" the balance with monthly payments. I wonder if he went for the optional rust proofing..

Though it's worth noting that the Epic carries a $10 monthly cool phone tax. According to Windows Calculator, thats $240/year plus applicable taxes, and I'm told some people don't like the sound of that.
i think your calculator is broke. but your rust proofing comment made me lmao.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-27-2010 at 04:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I still don't know why they don't give you a tp2. Back when they exchanged mine they gave me a hard time over the phone but at the repair center they where trading for the tp2 no questions asked. They said it was cheaper for them because tp1 was coming in for repair too many times. If your not on an everything plan and your saving money on a good plan then you might want to keep the tp2 instead of upgrading to epic. Unless you have sero which is going to allow androids for a fee. Either way I would fight to get the tp2 without paying. Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:

I too LMFAO @ rust proofing... and its 120/year not 240...

and idk OP, ultimately its your call, but yeah the EPIC went for pre-orders on the 13th i believe and its available on the 31st.. Sprint is all full on reservations.. but Radio Shack, Best Buy, and even Walmart(-i think) are taking pre-orders also so you might can find one in your area still..

and I checked phoneclaim.com just 5mins ago for ya, got offered a TP1>TP1... no TP2s there either
Old 08-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves
Quote:

i think your calcultor is broke. but your rust proofing comment made me lmao.
I just spent the past few minutes lol-ing @ this!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Personally I think its a more than worthy upgrade.. but thats just me.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
1) Shhhhhhhhh! Thats kind of a dumb thing to say at a store ya know..

2) I have an original TP2 from prelaunch weekend.. MY screen is as good as it was when it came out of the box..

And why didnt you goto a 3rd party retailer?? theres specific memos that went out to them specifically with details saying all TP1s have to be switched out because its the most defective phone in Sprints history...
i like your signature....
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2