PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has th tp2 become that unwated?

One of the biggest things that dictates the price of a phone is what you can get one for on contract. I think I paid $400 or so, but now you could get one from Verizon for $199 since like sept of last year.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
I made the switch to the Droid X the day it launced and have since been trying to sell my tp2 on craigslist and had no luck. Since its truly in excellent condition and I paid full retail ($539) for it, I started it at $200. I then dropped it to $180 and then again to $160 and nothing.

I mean i love my new Droid and wont ever look back but the tp2 is still a beast of a phone. I am even selling it with 2 snap on cases, a screen protector and a 4G SD card, a charger and its original box. I have sold many thing before on craiglist and my Motorol Q and Samsung Omnia in the same week i listed it.

I am just suprised i guess. I thought this phone is still somewhat in demand.
Unfortunately, it is NOT in demand now. It's Very old news.

You can probably get $150+ on eBay (since lots of buyers there pay more than an item is worth). Check eBay - do an Advanced Search for completed listings (sold) for Verizon TP2. Quite a few go for 150-200. A savvy buyer wouldn't pay that much, but some eBay buyers will.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree with the majority of statements in here, but the fact is users that require windows mobile should still be in the market for this phone. I'd suggest posting in the Asurian no longer replacing TP2 threads.

My company will not allow Android phones on our servers which makes the TP2 one of the best phones that i can have. I'm sure there are several other exchange server phone users. Just my 2cents.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I agree with the majority of statements in here, but the fact is users that require windows mobile should still be in the market for this phone. I'd suggest posting in the Asurian no longer replacing TP2 threads.

My company will not allow Android phones on our servers which makes the TP2 one of the best phones that i can have. I'm sure there are several other exchange server phone users. Just my 2cents.
I agree with your thoughts. Except - most people required to have WinMo phones because of Exchange are getting their phones through their company's IT dept.

Ridiculously enough, my old company would support only BlackBerries on Exchange (not WinMo).
Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mobius999 is just getting started

I'll be selling mine in about a month, and I'm almost positive it'll fetch the $200 asking price. Why? I'll be selling it with a SERO plan. Turnkey solution. Top phone you can use on SERO, amazing $30 plan.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Yeah, the TP2 is pretty much finished. The threads are just filled with complaints now, no new apps or new mods. I think partial blame is the weak OS they decided to go with, and the fact that all windows mobile devs have jumped ship.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

I just came back to windows mobile.. from android!!! while android rocked.. etc.. I find that windows mobile and the tp2 handle audio and video way better.. than android!!! plus the tp2 does pretty much everything i need.. web.video.music..etc..

gave my wife my hero.. loved that phone. but grew tired of it.. get an upgrade in dec.. so will see whats around at that time. but til then my trusty tp2 fills the gap...

not to mention.. if all the bugs get worked out in the android dept i may just keep my tp2 that much longer..
Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700, XV6800, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

turtlew1019 is a n00b
Smile Re: Has th tp2 become that unwated?

LoL. I just bought my TP2 from craigslist tuesday for $175. Had I known u were selling yours, i wouldve bought it.

Hang in there. The TP2 is one of the best phones available with a keyboard so there's gonna be someone out there that wants it.

Quote:
I made the switch to the Droid X the day it launced and have since been trying to sell my tp2 on craigslist and had no luck. Since its truly in excellent condition and I paid full retail ($539) for it, I started it at $200. I then dropped it to $180 and then again to $160 and nothing.

I mean i love my new Droid and wont ever look back but the tp2 is still a beast of a phone. I am even selling it with 2 snap on cases, a screen protector and a 4G SD card, a charger and its original box. I have sold many thing before on craiglist and my Motorol Q and Samsung Omnia in the same week i listed it.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

CarlL is a n00b

If you are on Sprint and travel outside the US, there really is no alternative outside of a BB. With a Sim unlock and a WU radio, this thing rocks for use just about anywhere. Just run Cleanup and Tweaks and you have a fast world business phone, no cooked ROM required.

About the only thing I don't like on it is the plastic screen that requires a protector to avoid scratches.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:

Best BUy will give you almost $180 in gift card, or about $95 cash for it, all day long... do that, and buy some accessories and shit for your Droid X at BB..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2