PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to microdot
Has th tp2 become that unwated?

I made the switch to the Droid X the day it launced and have since been trying to sell my tp2 on craigslist and had no luck. Since its truly in excellent condition and I paid full retail ($539) for it, I started it at $200. I then dropped it to $180 and then again to $160 and nothing.

I mean i love my new Droid and wont ever look back but the tp2 is still a beast of a phone. I am even selling it with 2 snap on cases, a screen protector and a 4G SD card, a charger and its original box. I have sold many thing before on craiglist and my Motorol Q and Samsung Omnia in the same week i listed it.

I am just suprised i guess. I thought this phone is still somewhat in demand.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Has th tp2 become that unwated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
I made the switch to the Droid X the day it launced and have since been trying to sell my tp2 on craigslist and had no luck. Since its truly in excellent condition and I paid full retail ($539) for it, I started it at $200. I then dropped it to $180 and then again to $160 and nothing.

I mean i love my new Droid and wont ever look back but the tp2 is still a beast of a phone. I am even selling it with 2 snap on cases, a screen protector and a 4G SD card, a charger and its original box. I have sold many thing before on craiglist and my Motorol Q and Samsung Omnia in the same week i listed it.

Can't see anyone wanting this phone with the release of the Droid X and EVO. I had sold my TP2 the day the EVO was announced by Sprint, which was about three months before it's release.

I new it was my best chance of dumping it before the release of the new beasts and getting the most dollar for it. Sold it for $300 and used my old HTC Touch. It was well worth the sacrifice!

I see a lot of TP2's listed for $150 now. Keep it up there and eventually I am sure you will get a bite.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post

Is this an ad for selling your phone? Second paragraph gives it that feel.

Honestly though, while the TP2 is a good phone still, I think the people that still like/prefer it, already have it. And those that don't know much about phones have names, such as the Droid X, floating by and the TP2 is unknown to them anymore.

I really think you are kinda just screwed on it. I'd say, keep your SD card, and perhaps either donate to charity or if you were a ROM kinda guy, then donate to one of the chefs here. If you do get 160$ or around there, then I'd be surprised.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 08-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I see a lot of TP2's listed for $150 now. Keep it up there and eventually I am sure you will get a bite.

Well that just proves you can't sell it for 150$. If there's alot, then I'd say you need to go lower.

Huge supply, low demand means...
Old 08-11-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

I love my TP2...is one of the best WM phones out there... I would not sell it or get rid of it. The reason I want an EVO or an Epic is for the joy of trying something new...
Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The closer you get to WP7 release date the tougher it's gonna be to unload this phone. I'll tell you what... I'll give you 20 bucks for it.
lol.
No... Kidding aside. If I lost my phone today... I would not replace it. I would reactivate one of my old phones... The Touch most likely and just wait for WP7 as that's what I'm doing anyway. Secondly... Most of us have our phones insured and really have no need to buy a phone on Craigs list as we can just go through Asurion if we really need one.
I wish you the best and hope you are able to sell it for a fair price.
p.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

FP5241 is a n00b

Its a shame the TP2's prime has come and gone. I think weak software may have ruined what has been a truely solid device. I held onto my old Treo for 4 years before I made the switch to the TP2, and it has totally been worth it. If it had been released with more speed/power, I really think it would have been a dominant phone for all solid keyboard lovers.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

put it on ebay. Somebody will buy it. What do you have to lose.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
Its a shame the TP2's prime has come and gone. I think weak software may have ruined what has been a truely solid device. I held onto my old Treo for 4 years before I made the switch to the TP2, and it has totally been worth it. If it had been released with more speed/power, I really think it would have been a dominant phone for all solid keyboard lovers.

overclocking app solves the speed/power problem, there's only so much a 1530mah battery can handle before battery life starts sucking look at the EVO for example. making bigger batteries won't help either cuz then ull have a bulky device.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think the best price to get TP2's to move now is about 150.00 that seems to be about the sweet price point.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2