PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: RAM usage Too high after CHT

CHT isn't for everyone's taste, personally I love it. Im running NRG's July 24th ROM w/ CHT cooked in and it does go as high as 65% but never goes any higher and my sense stays fluid, stable and fast. When ur running CHT on a TP2 u have to go under Miscellaneous settings and change your animation to Optimized or Simple to keep everything running smooth. Also I keep my emails & text messages under a few hundred just to be safe but I suggest a ROM with CHT cooked in, Im not a fan of installing CHT separate... Just never seems to work as well

EDIT: Maybe changing your PagePool and reflashing the ROM might help with CHT (Just a thought, could be wrong)

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 07-28-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

krwshl is a n00b

I uninstalled it too Made my phone too slow.

I just want to be able to add call history below the calendar bar on the today screen ...
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

What do you guys recommend as a pagepool? I haven't messed with it for a while, almost forgot you could.

Back when I had a Touch Pro i used to set SSK roms to 0 pagepool do you think that would help or just make CHT take up as much available RAM as it could?

I'm probably going to try it out anyway but just wondering your thoughts
Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
What do you guys recommend as a pagepool? I haven't messed with it for a while, almost forgot you could.

Back when I had a Touch Pro i used to set SSK roms to 0 pagepool do you think that would help or just make CHT take up as much available RAM as it could?

I'm probably going to try it out anyway but just wondering your thoughts
the rom I'm using uses 24 I think. Runs fine.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tryinghard is a n00b

How do I check the pagepool. Also if I reflash the rom I will have to do all the settings again. Someone told me that I can save all my settings somewhere and can get it back after reflashing. I already have a pim backup.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post
How do I check the pagepool. Also if I reflash the rom I will have to do all the settings again. Someone told me that I can save all my settings somewhere and can get it back after reflashing. I already have a pim backup.
+1 I never backup settings because that can carry flaws & bugs with it from a bad ROM, I always redo my settings manually to be safe. I have no idea how to check the pagepool this is something I want to know too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

this is the pagepool changer i use. you have to unzip the exe for the rom you are running into a folder, and in that folder it will have the ruu_signed.nbh file. run this app and browse to the nbh file and it will tell you the pagepool. you can adjust the value and click 'change to' to change the pagepool. i am trying out 0 on MightyRom Full Force which is basically dynamic, it opens up sources as i need it. usually it is 12 and i heard Mighy recommends anywhere between 8 and 12 for sense 2.5 roms
Attached Files
File Type: zip PagePool Changer.zip (153.4 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kern417; 07-29-2010 at 05:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

just reporting back after a little less than 24 hours on a rom with CHT and a 0 pagepool it does NOT solve RAM issues as was probably expected, but does make the phone lightning fast. Im sorry to say however, that it has actually gotten up to 90%+ ram at one point...basically it doesnt fully close out of any program. So the programs run smoothly especially if u only use a few regularly, but if you often do different things and switch between different tasks expect a few resets.

I think i will be sticking with it however just for the speed improvement. Another option would be to make a high pagepool like the 24 that chronster recommended, it'll allow usage to go higher but still prevent it from going 'too high' (but then again that depends on what you consider 'too high')

Moral of the story, lower pagepool may slow it down but will limit usage. Higher pagepool will make it faster at the risk of high RAM usage
Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tryinghard is a n00b

Quote:
this is the pagepool changer i use. you have to unzip the exe for the rom you are running into a folder, and in that folder it will have the ruu_signed.nbh file. run this app and browse to the nbh file and it will tell you the pagepool. you can adjust the value and click 'change to' to change the pagepool. i am trying out 0 on MightyRom Full Force which is basically dynamic, it opens up sources as i need it. usually it is 12 and i heard Mighy recommends anywhere between 8 and 12 for sense 2.5 roms
I have changed the pagepool on my laptop. Now do I have to re flash the Mighty Rom, or just replace the changed .nbh file on my phone.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
just reporting back after a little less than 24 hours on a rom with CHT and a 0 pagepool it does NOT solve RAM issues as was probably expected, but does make the phone lightning fast. Im sorry to say however, that it has actually gotten up to 90%+ ram at one point...basically it doesnt fully close out of any program. So the programs run smoothly especially if u only use a few regularly, but if you often do different things and switch between different tasks expect a few resets.

I think i will be sticking with it however just for the speed improvement. Another option would be to make a high pagepool like the 24 that chronster recommended, it'll allow usage to go higher but still prevent it from going 'too high' (but then again that depends on what you consider 'too high')

Moral of the story, lower pagepool may slow it down but will limit usage. Higher pagepool will make it faster at the risk of high RAM usage
As far as programs not fully closing, it would help to close them manually by holding the send key (not during a call) that usually allows u to end tasks that may not show up by tapping the task manager in the top right corner... Works for me
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2