PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

SirCharlsO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't talk on my phone

Started having this problem yesterday.I have a touch pro 2 on Sprint. I got it new in March. I have tried alot (and unsuccessfully) to unlock this phone. Instead, i decided on putting cabs in that i found in the "favorite cabs" thread and the "tips and tweaks" thread. I did so many that they conflicted (i believe) so I hard reset.I used the "clear memory" and started over. I actually did that a couple of times.Now, i am having trouble when making/answering a call. It connects, but then the other person can't hear me speaking. After about 5-6 calls to various numbers, it will finally work. I searched but didn't find anything on this. I am on my fone currently and away from my computer (I think it is funny that it is hard to surf ppcgeeks on my tp2.)any help?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Can't talk on my phone

What Cab's do you have installed? and I take it you are running the 6.5 version of sprint?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCharlsO View Post
Started having this problem yesterday.I have a touch pro 2 on Sprint. I got it new in March. I have tried alot (and unsuccessfully) to unlock this phone. Instead, i decided on putting cabs in that i found in the "favorite cabs" thread and the "tips and tweaks" thread. I did so many that they conflicted (i believe) so I hard reset.I used the "clear memory" and started over. I actually did that a couple of times.Now, i am having trouble when making/answering a call. It connects, but then the other person can't hear me speaking. After about 5-6 calls to various numbers, it will finally work. I searched but didn't find anything on this. I am on my fone currently and away from my computer (I think it is funny that it is hard to surf ppcgeeks on my tp2.)any help?
I had this happen to me when i first got my phone. Does all sound cut out on the device when you try making a call. Have you installed anything to try and make the volume louder on the device.? That's what i did that caused the problem on my phone.. If you have installed one of these files, it might have included the wrong audiopara3 file. If so try uninstalling and see if it fixes the problem.

Donations accepted not expected!

Old 07-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

well first off. to get a successful flash, its as easy as a few step process. first go to this website:

rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

Then click on the linke that says:

Download newest RhodiumW Hard-SPL package here
(It is blue text at the end of the first white text paragraph)

Now extract that to your desktop. Once you have the Icon for the Hard-SPL, Connect your Phone to your PC via USB (Active Sync).

Now open the Hard SPL and click on Automatic (Its the top options, NOT manual)

Once this is done you are offically SPL Unlocked, now its time to flash a rom.

To flash a rom, just click on this link and follow the process (works for either Flashing a first time or reflashing due to error)

forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127988

Since this is a first flash, don't get confused by the reflashing the topic talks about, It is the same process, I promise you.

Just make sure you get a correct rom for the Manila and Windows version you are running (If you post that info I can help you out).

As for the phone info, I am not sure why you are unable to be heard, I will look into it.

As for browsing PPCGeeks, I personally use Opera and have no issues (ALL my posts have been from my Rhodium using Opera Mobile 10).

Hope any of this helps, lol.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SirCharlsO is a n00b

I wrote a long reply then realized that when i posted from my phone before it eliminated all the spaces I had used for clarity. so here is the short version. I have added no volume-altering cabs that i know of, and no audioparas at all. I am using the Opera that came w the phone and it just is hard to manuever, and will NOT let me post anything on ppcgeeks unless i view in Mobile mode, which i think is the reason it is eliminating the spaces...i'll post later with all the cabs when i am at home. *thanks for telling me the steps for unlocking my phone, but in my experience (I'll repond on that later or you can search my posts because i tell of my experience in other threads) it is NOT that easy and filled with errors.thanks for the responses though. I may just hard reset again and see what that does...
Old 07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SirCharlsO is a n00b

Well, I hard reset, and nothing, so I am taking it in to get it worked on...

ah well...
Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPaq HX4700, Mogul, TP2, EVO

nitrotrike is a n00b

Quote:
Well, I hard reset, and nothing, so I am taking it in to get it worked on...

ah well...
Silly question... are you sure it's not set for bluetooth and / or headset only? I also had that problem when using the wrong charger (apparently when it was plugged in, it thought it was a headset)
Old 07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SirCharlsO is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: Can't talk on my phone

jamio88

Thanks for pointing out the steps for unlocking the phone. I actually have read those threads, and know the steps, but to no avail. The way you lay it out, I wish it was that easy. However, in my experience, it was more like this:

read the pertinent unlocking threads.

download the file, find out it is possible you need to disable antivirus and windows firewall BEFORE downloading, so disable both of those, then download again.

Try "run as" command and find out that you have no administrator password set (in XP) so you have to restart in Safe Mode, then set the password. Restart, and try again. Realize that since your own account is password protected, you have to RE-download the file in a different location because even administrators cannot access a private file in the "My Documents" folder of another account.

Add the DEP exception, restart.

Try run as, then get error 260, 262, or 202. I cant' remember which I got first...

Donate

Then, try again, no dice. "Please make sure your device is properly synced..."

re-read the threads, and try to count how many times someone suggests you turn off your antivirus and firewall.

UNINSTALL antivirus just to remove that from the equation, and retry...nothing.

Open a ticket to get some type of help from Cmonex or whoever...after a week, no reply...

Try SSPL

Try Manual and Automatic.

Try manually putting device into Bootloader with Volume-Down and Power pressed at the same time.

Try all the different variations of those actions in concert... Manual and SSPL, Auto and SSPL, Bootloader and Auto.......and on and on.

Hard Rest the phone, and try everything again.

Then try again.

Give up finally.

So, my theory is that since I got this phone after the 6.5 switchover, I think Sprint must have done something to make this Unlocker not work. I don't think people will believe me, (from the attitudes that I have seen in the various unlocker threads) but I actually have read and re-read and tried every single step and troubleshooting scenario (the only ones I didn't try, I actually couldn't try: different USB cable, Different Internet address, Different computer...none of those available for me). So, I gave it up. I am not a newbie, I have messed with computers and phones before, and gotten in and out of alot of trouble. But for some reason, unlocking this phone doesn't work for me...

Charlie
Old 07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SirCharlsO is a n00b

nitrotrike,

Not silly. I thought about the BT thing... not sure about the headset thing. It doesn't have the headset symbol on right now...

sigh, very frustrated
Old 07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPaq HX4700, Mogul, TP2, EVO

nitrotrike is a n00b

Quote:
nitrotrike,

Not silly. I thought about the BT thing... not sure about the headset thing. It doesn't have the headset symbol on right now...

sigh, very frustrated
I know there's a setting for phone calls, which may have been messed with for headset, etc, which is why they may not be able to hear you.

As for the unlocker, I (had) the latest Sprint 6.5 rom, and the unlocker worked fine for mine on the first try, using Windows 7. I used RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2